• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lann

• JuniorChubb

• ajbns871583070462

• Con

Text version:

The playoff for season 3 will be in a new format made possible by the size if the teams in season 3. The top 4 crews after round 11 will proceed to the playoff battle for the top 4 spots. The winners of season 3 will be settled in a 4-way playlist where the top 4 crews battle for the win. The playlist will since hold 16 players (4 players * 4 crews) and will be a adversary playlist of 8 jobs, 3 races (cars) and 5 adversary modes allowing 16 players and 4 teams. The winners are the crew with the most combined in-game-points from all 8 jobs. The balance of the playlist is taken from season 1 and 2, in order to balance racing/shooting. The 5-8th place will be decided in the same way!

The jobs will be:

• 1 Race in custom Supers (a track we have raced in season 3)
  • 1 Race in custom Sports (a track we have raced in season 3)
  • 1 Race in custom Muscle (a track we have raced in season 3)
  • 1 Drop Zone
  • 1 Kill Quota
  • 1 Motor Wars
  • 1 Acquire Targets
  • 1 Collection Time

The points gathered so far have gotten your crew a shot at the win in season 3, but it also gives you the opportunity to shape the final playlist. Within the boundaries above we will ask the crews to pick:

• Crew in first place after round 11 picks 3 of the above maps/tracks. (gets to pick first)
  • Crew in second place after round 11 picks 2 of the above maps/tracks. (gets to pick second)
  • Crew in third place after round 11 picks 2 of the above maps/tracks. (gets to pick third)
  • Crew in fourth place after round 11 picks 1 of the above maps/tracks. (gets to pick last)

We as the host will set suitable settings for the jobs.
This is also the order in which the crew gets to pick team color in the adv modes, and the top crew heading into the playoff will also get to host the playlist.

• Like 1

Sorry Guys but VANS won’t be competing in the play off. For us the Season has been far too long already and we lost motivation a few rounds ago. We have not even practiced for the last 3 rounds, we just turn up cold and play (how else do you think DDNL beat us ?).

We signed up when there was 8 reliable crews, afaik they are still there and a lot of the ‘last minute add ons’ left the competition. We were concerned by the extra numbers and timeframe when the Season started but as we had already committed we honoured that commitment and have played every round so far.

We are not sure on our position for Round 11 either. We are paying STNC on Sunday for Round 10 but still no idea what is happening for Round 11 and right now have no plans to even play Round 11.

We can only apologise for this lack of enthusiasm, we might rally and play Round 11 but I get the feeling my team will tell me to ‘fuck off’ if I tell them there is another Round and Play off to prepare for after I promised STNC might be the last match. The team placed in 9th will probably be more worthy of the spot especially if it is still 187X

Please don’t take this post too negatively, I love CotC but even I have had enough at this point as the full season will take almost half a year to finish.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

Sorry Guys but VANS won’t be competing in the play off. For us the Season has been far too long already and we lost motivation a few rounds ago. We have not even practiced for the last 3 rounds, we just turn up cold and play (how else do you think DDNL beat us ?).

We signed up when there was 8 reliable crews, afaik they are still there and a lot of the ‘last minute add ons’ left the competition. We were concerned by the extra numbers and timeframe when the Season started but as we had already committed we honoured that commitment and have played every round so far.

We are not sure on our position for Round 11 either. We are paying STNC on Sunday for Round 10 but still no idea what is happening for Round 11 and right now have no plans to even play Round 11.

We can only apologise for this lack of enthusiasm, we might rally and play Round 11 but I get the feeling my team will tell me to ‘fuck off’ if I tell them there is another Round and Play off to prepare for after I promised STNC might be the last match. The team placed in 9th will probably be more worthy of the spot especially if it is still 187X

Please don’t take this post too negatively, I love CotC but even I have had enough at this point as the full season will take almost half a year to finish.

No worries, it a videogame. If it aint fun dont do it! We all prefer a straight answer like that. Any other team not interested in playing in a playoff just let us know! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would prefer a classic play-off with some special rules which weren't used before to make it more special (owned weapons without explosives and that stuff, clean contact racing (maybe for season 4?)...). Let's see how is this new system, maybe it's better than what I think.

Wtf is that video.

Well it's probably impossible to do it now but maybe we can give it a try in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lann said:

No worries, it a videogame. If it aint fun dont do it! We all prefer a straight answer like that. Any other team not interested in playing in a playoff just let us know! 

Cheers Lan ?

I may come across as a miserable old git but honest feedback gives you guys a better angle for future seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Lann I'm a little bit in the same boat as Chubb. 

I'm happy to play the remaining games and support the event til it's finale, but I'm a bit worried about the concept of play offs and 'further stretching out' not necessarily because of my personal stand point but others in the DAMN crew might not be supportive.

Happy to try and rally them, but just a polite warning that we may struggle to get final games + play off games played too. Summer vacations, being bored of GTA etc... 

I'll do my best of course though. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats to all, it was a long old season in the end. Well done to all who took part and thanks for inviting us to take part. Top job organising this Lann.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lann! You put so much work into this. Thank you so much! 80% of the reason I kept interest in this game so long is head to heads! You’re the man!

Congrats to DDNL and good job XDBX on second place!

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• 2 weeks later...