Did you see any good cars today ?

JustHatched

Man, all those nice GM products sitting around and you had to take pic of the boat anchor in the middle of the showroom.

I'll admit, the Camaro is definitely a boat IMO (in looks and drive - only ever drove the base V6) but I definitely have an itching for the Z/28. What's the single most exotic car you've dealt with there in your opinion? Doesn't have to include a photo.

Saw this on the road today. 2001 Dodge Ram, only asking 2K.

Might need some service. cough cough

10247374_10203007332697642_4196950119198

Rust really worries me but that's me and I'm sure it could definitely be a good beater/work truck if that's the intention.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Wow, 2K for that heap of scrap? Call it $500   ;).

Be lucky to get £200 for almost any 2001 car in UK (BMW and Merc excluded), it looks as though it's not safe enough for the road and will probably cost another 1K to put it right.

2K...  :lol:.

At least the 2001 in this mess doesn't look half as bad as the newer models... they are awful from every angle possible.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Im looking for a cheap car for my kid. He has a permit and every time I take out in my lease, I have diarrhea pains the entire time. lol

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

DC89 it depends where you live. Where I am from in southern Indiana its a $400 to $500 truck where I live now 6 hours northwest its a $1500 to $2000 truck.

Edited by ssracingn2

Yea the farther south you go, the cheaper it gets. Of course the farther south you go, the less rust you will see. Coastal areas are naturally more expensive. But the Bible Belt is a good cheap place for cost of living. Unfortunately, here is Central Illinois, we get the Chicago - St. Louis type cost of living. Illinois sucks... just for the record.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Yea the farther south you go, the cheaper it gets. Of course the farther south you go, the less rust you will see. Coastal areas are naturally more expensive. But the Bible Belt is a good cheap place for cost of living. Unfortunately, here is Central Illinois, we get the Chicago - St. Louis type cost of living. Illinois sucks... just for the record.

I can attest to this since moving to SC from NY. Oh boy was I in for some changes. It was a break in taxes for sure, a lot of things are cheaper but of course it almost seems like the opposite things are more expensive.

Now is it a lot cheaper to get a car here? Yup. Sort of. No inspections down here (kind of scary). But they have this wonderful thing called "property tax" and oh yes, it applies to a leased vehicle too based on residual value. That's a lovely thing to pay every year  :(

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I'll admit, the Camaro is definitely a boat IMO (in looks and drive - only ever drove the base V6) but I definitely have an itching for the Z/28. What's the single most exotic car you've dealt with there in your opinion? Doesn't have to include a photo.

Probably an 08 Viper that we helped modify for "High End Illegal Street Racing" back when I worked for Chrysler.

Or the Challenger 392 that was ordered for an exec at JGR. That one we pulled the factory 392 and installed a Mopar 528 Hemi in it.

Then there was the Porsche 996. That was a sweet car.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

A few from this past week :

BMW Z3 Coupé (not that rare but I love the design)

14147688946_6f224753af_c.jpg

Lotus Elise 111S

14167534691_76851e9866_c.jpg

Citroën Traction in bad shape

14190949963_1280e1bbc5_c.jpg

Porsche Panamera 4S on the highway

14170895714_21ea49fa91_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this at Lowe's today

IMG_20140521_121525_796.jpg

• Like 6

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

My Dad's 69 Corvette. 650 HP out of a 427 Cubic Inch Big Block

IMG_20140523_095910_881.jpg

IMG_20140523_095921_284.jpg

• Like 7

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

BEST DAD EVER !!!

Yeah, you would think that. He had had that car for 30 years and I have never drove, nor do I care for riding in it. An old log truck rides smoother than an old vette.

• Like 1

I dont know about the car, but that is a nice burn bin in the back-round. I could use one of those. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

my neighbor used to have one of those. All I remember is that it was very loud. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

My Dad's 69 Corvette. 650 HP out of a 427 Cubic Inch Big Block

IMG_20140523_095910_881.jpg

IMG_20140523_095921_284.jpg

LOL that much power in anything built during the 60's is a scary thing

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg