Transform Races

djw180

I just thought I'd make a thread to discuss anything to do with Transform races now they are in the creator.

So a couple of questions.

Has anyone found the warp CPs? Those that teleport you to somewhere else

Can you start the race in a plane or boat? I can only see how to start them in a land vehicle

• Like 1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuniorChubb

• djw180

• Lann

• DavidCore89

Warp CP's are not available... I am guessing implementing them in Creator was a pain in the arse or R* was worried they would be used to abuse the game in some way (under map dupes maybe?).

I get the feeling you are right about starting in land vehicles, I have yet to check if you can add props to Air Races yet though. That would be a bonus.

I have mixed emotions so far... everything I have tried has suffered from the clouds of smoke and the split second you are not in control when you transform so keep those TCP's on straight sections of your races.

Adding transform vehicles adds to the Model Memory of the race too, this is a real pain in the arse IMO.

Still excited with what might be possible though. Mixed class racing should be possible with off track TCP's but maybe not as many cars as you would like.

Great thread BTW, will post what I create and any issues here :)

Edit to add: 16 players max for Transform Races, no GTA race option and no rain as they are classed as stunt races.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Other things I've thought about and will hopefully get round to testing this weekend

• If you transform to a vehicle you don't have the custom version of how much slower is it than if you did have the custom version?
    • I have read somewhere that people think a transformed-into-custom is not as fast as the normal custom version
  • Do we now have a way to effectively make races locked to a single, stock vehicle again?
    • start the race in anything you like, customs off
    • 1st CP transform into the vehicle you actually want
    • never transform back to start vehicle
    • but what happens on a lap race the next time you go through the 1st CP?
      • does transforming into the vehicle you are already in cause a problem?
  • Can we now effectively make custom parachute jobs?
    • start in any land vehicle
    • transform to aircraft
    • gain altitude and transform to on-foot (parachute)
    • go through rest of CPs with the parachute

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

I have a few jobs you can use to test custom vs stock DJ.

I was wondering which version Car it gives you if you have more than one, maybe the one highest up you list of cars/ garages?

You car does not revert to the lobby car when you cross the finish line, but you do need a convert to lobby car CP in your race, this can be hidden of track though.

If you are already in the vehicle the CP just displays as a normal CP instead of a TCP.

As for parachute races, you might just be able to start on foot and jump off a platform. That could be pretty cool.

Edited by JuniorChubb

1 minute ago, JuniorChubb said:

I have a few jobs you can use to test custom vs stock DJ.

I was wondering which version Car it gives you if you have more than one, maybe the one highest up you list of cars/ garages?

You car does not revert to the lobby car when you cross the finish line, but you do need a convert to lobby car CP in your race, this can be hidden of track though.

If you are already in the vehicle the CP just displays as a normal CP instead of a TCP.

As for parachute races, you might just be able to start on foot and jump off a platform. That could be pretty cool.

But can it be used as an alternative checkpoint?

Not sure what you mean but...

Primary and secondary CP's can be turned into Transform CP's so I would guess the answer is yes :)

.... I hope :unsure:

Created five races so far, but ended up deleting them all since the effort was on the transform aspect and the actual track turned out to be crap.

But i will get back on it.

Edited by Lann

I know the feeling Lan....

It would be easier to go back to tracks already created, however this can be risky as Transform cars add to your model memory so you could just hit a brick wall.

On 01/12/2017 at 10:00 AM, djw180 said:

Other things I've thought about and will hopefully get round to testing this weekend

• If you transform to a vehicle you don't have the custom version of how much slower is it than if you did have the custom version?
    • I have read somewhere that people think a transformed-into-custom is not as fast as the normal custom version
  • Do we now have a way to effectively make races locked to a single, stock vehicle again?
    • start the race in anything you like, customs off
    • 1st CP transform into the vehicle you actually want
    • never transform back to start vehicle
    • but what happens on a lap race the next time you go through the 1st CP?
      • does transforming into the vehicle you are already in cause a problem?
  • Can we now effectively make custom parachute jobs?
    • start in any land vehicle
    • transform to aircraft
    • gain altitude and transform to on-foot (parachute)
    • go through rest of CPs with the parachute

I've done some testing.

I'm not sure a custom car you own that you transform into is slower than if you used it in a normal race. I tested this with a simple track where you transform into a XA-21 and stay in that for most of the lap. I did it twice once starting in a XA21 and the other starting in a T20. The second run was .3s slower for the fastest lap (laps ~34.5s). But on the first run because I was in the car you transform to, there was no transformation. That difference in time could easily be due to loss of traction, power etc. as you actually transform into another car. So maybe more tests needed, or maybe just not worth bothering about.

Races effectively locked to one vehicle by transforming into it and not setting a transform-back CP. You do transform back at the start finish CP. But still sort of works, most of the lap is in the intended vehicle.

Custom Parachute jobs. You have to start a transform race in a land vehicle and to get any decent height for a good paracute jump you either need to drive up a big ramp, transform to an aircraft or just start very high up. So it does kind of work but probably better suited to a race that has decent land or land/air section to get the height and then parachute.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

I appear to have found a way to start the race in something other than a land vehicle, but I'm not 100% sure what I did!

I had a grid set the the lobby vehicle, sports. 1st CP transform to planes. I think I selected the 1st CP moved it slightly. The went back to the grid, selected that and the cars on the grid changed to planes.

I'll see if I can repeat this and check that the race works outside of the creator. You do still have to have a section where you change to your lobby vehicle though, but at least it doesn't have to be the grid, if this works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry DJ been a little busy so I haven't posted in a while.

However I have been playing around with the Transform CP's a bit. I have created a version of Top Gear Test Track with Transform CP's hidden off track. You just drive off from the start go through the transforms until you get the car you want then drive back to the start without hitting another CP.

http://rsg.ms/4630e51

The vid below shows my Sports Sultan up against a Torrero, Stirlings and some Tropos. Its a little long winded as I was explaining how it worked as we went and we were dicking about a bit. However we line up at the start at about 2:45.

Definitely going to be running some events using this technique, it is difficult to gauge how many car choices you can get away with before people get confused, but starting with 2 or 3 cars from different classes could work really well.

I have also updated my Muscle Beach race now I have got a little more used to TCP's. The water section has more props and the 'on foot' section has been removed. Works pretty well now.

http://rsg.ms/d723221

Does the Air Race start trick work? If it does you can hide the 'Transform to lobby vehicle CP as a secondary CP far far away. This way you can use one vehicle for the whole race.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Just had a look to try your technique when I noticed you can just change the start vehicle to any Transform you have set up with an option.... see the screenshot below.

DRh13XVXcAcUH8T.jpg

• Like 3

The change starting vehicle option really opens up what you can do with Transform races....

All of the following links are races in vehicles we cannot usually race in, no need to drive off and transform.  

What is great about these is your vehicle comes out in the colour of the vehicle you chose, so the Taxi race for example, if you turn off custom vehicle when selecting your 'car' whatever colour you pick is what colour your Taxi is in the race. Some of these might not be to your taste but the ones that are are good fun.

Trucking Silverstone - http://rsg.ms/6c76528
Race around Silverstone in a Truck Cab

Crazy Taxi - http://rsg.ms/2a6e0f6
Banger racing in Taxis

Ambulance Race - http://rsg.ms/251355e
Surprisingly enough a race in Ambulances

Ramp Bugyy Rampage - http://rsg.ms/f2fa4b8
Ramp Buggy race on the roads with traffic on. It is more fun to be losing in this race to see all the carnage happening in front of you.

Stig of the Dump - http://rsg.ms/0f07bd3
Race around the airport in Dumps, Not for everyones taste being one of the slowest vehicles in the game.

Paleto PC - http://rsg.ms/5ecbacc
Race around Paleto in Police cars, a rip off of DubG's legendary Paleto GT so copyright infringement may see it deleted soon ;)

It was a nice surprise to find you can change the start vehicle in Transform races so you can start in any vehicle and have a propped race which also means Plane Races with props and no need to Transform. You just need to place a Transform to Lobby Vehicle CP off the race route somewhere to be able to publish your job.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Getting my first job ready, from what @djw180 writes above I assume one will return to ones starting/default vehicle on cp1 (starting grid cp) heading in to a new lap?!

Also want to mention that not all vehicles can be added as ”new transform vehicle” (Comet Safari cant) but can be used as starting/default vehicle.

1 hour ago, Lann said:

Getting my first job ready, from what @djw180 writes above I assume one will return to ones starting/default vehicle on cp1 (starting grid cp) heading in to a new lap?!

That seems to be case in what I have tried.

• Thanks 1

You only return to the starting vehicle on CP 1 if you start in a Transform vehicle. If you start in the ‘Lobby Vehicle’ there is no need to worry about transforming when you hit CP1 as it won’t be a Transform CP.

• Thanks 1

Nope.... You might have misread my post :)

You do not automatically switch back when you cross the start line. Watch my vid I posted earlier of Sultans and Stirling GT’s racing and crossing the start line on the Top Gear Test Track without Transforming back to the lobby vehicle. Not the best choice as they are both available inSports, but they are both spawned via Transform CP’s.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Just watched it again, Torero v Sultan v Stirling. I raced a few laps in a Sultan after starting the race in an Elegy Retro.

7 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

You only return to the starting vehicle on CP 1 if you start in a Transform vehicle. If you start in the ‘Lobby Vehicle’ there is no need to worry about transforming when you hit CP1 as it won’t be a Transform CP.

That is not what happens for me.

I start in a custom vehicle of my choosing, Transform to something else at CP1, do the rest of the lap in that. Transfrom back to my original starting vehicle at the start-finish CP.

The Grid CP is set to "regular" functionality so it's not a transform CP when I place it but it's acting as a transform-to-lobby-vehicle CP. So what am I doing different to you?

I make it as a Transform race. Place the gird as a normal, not stunt grid. There is no option to set the starting vehilce to anything. It looks like a normal grid. But as soon as I've placed it, it changes to a circular CP.

I tried it making it as a normal race then changing it to a transform, and it makes no difference.

Edited by djw180

12 hours ago, djw180 said:

That is not what happens for me.

I start in a custom vehicle of my choosing, Transform to something else at CP1, do the rest of the lap in that. Transfrom back to my original starting vehicle at the start-finish CP.

The Grid CP is set to "regular" functionality so it's not a transform CP when I place it but it's acting as a transform-to-lobby-vehicle CP. So what am I doing different to you?

I make it as a Transform race. Place the gird as a normal, not stunt grid. There is no option to set the starting vehilce to anything. It looks like a normal grid. But as soon as I've placed it, it changes to a circular CP.

I tried it making it as a normal race then changing it to a transform, and it makes no difference.

I wish I knew DJ :(

I am out visiting family (again) today DJ otherwise I would get in a Party with you and see if we can sort it out. I will be back this evening so if you see me on drop me a PM on PSN.

Try out this job http://rsg.ms/4630e51 - Drive back to the first Transform CP to Tranform into a Sultan then back to the track to complete as many laps as you have set the race to in the Sultan without transforming when you cross the line.

This job (http://rsg.ms/2a6e0f6) has a Transform CP for the grid, but you do not change when you cross the line as you are already in the Transform vehicle. However if you drive off to find the hidden Transform CP that lets you start you will transfomr to the Lobby Vehicle then the Start CP will transform you back into a Taxi when you cross it.

Actually describing those two jobs had jogged my memory as to why you might be having issues. Every race needs a 'Transform to Lobby Vehicle' CheckPoint otherwise you cannot test or publish the race. Use a Secondary CP  hidden off route for this, that way you do not hit that CP as part of the lap and avoid changing back the the Lobby Vehicle at any point in the race.

Either way just look out for me appearing online later and we will sort it and get it working via a Chat Party and Creator. :)

• Thanks 1

@JuniorChubb

It's still not working for me.

I've done your Top Gear race, that works as you describe. I transform to something and do the rest of the race in that.

I've made a very basic test race on the same principles. You start in your choice of sports car. CP1 has a 2ry that transforms you to a SC1. CP9 has a 2ry that transforms you back to the lobby vehicle (or base vehicle as the Social Club maps label it). So if you take the 2ry CP1 and then just the primary CPs after that you should stay in the SC1 for the entire race. But that's not what happens. Crossing the start-finish line transforms you back to your originial sports car.

4 hours ago, djw180 said:

@JuniorChubb

It's still not working for me.

I've done your Top Gear race, that works as you describe. I transform to something and do the rest of the race in that.

I've made a very basic test race on the same principles. You start in your choice of sports car. CP1 has a 2ry that transforms you to a SC1. CP9 has a 2ry that transforms you back to the lobby vehicle (or base vehicle as the Social Club maps label it). So if you take the 2ry CP1 and then just the primary CPs after that you should stay in the SC1 for the entire race. But that's not what happens. Crossing the start-finish line transforms you back to your originial sports car.

I am starting to sweat now DJ in case I have got it all wrong... :unsure:

Are you on this evening?