FIFA 18

DavidCore89

Anybody playing this year?

I've been playing quite a lot, the gameplay is better this year, I can be patient and not get hit on the counter too easily, and since wing play is more effective, I've been having better results as it suits my style of play.

Lots of small improvements has made the game a lot less stressful to play.

Focusing on FUT, spent quite a lot of money to get a decent team and have only lost 4 times so far with +18 goal difference, big change to last year when I lost the same amount as I won with negative goal difference :lol:.

Of course, having a good team and lots of coins helps a lot. 1 of my players is worth more than the whole of last years team!

If anyone is playing, I'll be up for some games on FUT, Seasons or even Pro Clubs.

We can use this thread to set up some matches, exchange tactics, transfer market tips or whatever. 

Cheers :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Crawford1872

• Con

• PapOiteE

How long until Fifa 19 is out? 3 months?

Seriously though how much new development can they do from one year to the next? Surely it’s better to have a new build every few years but update the game in between with real world transfers. I’m not a fan of EA’s money grabbing policy and the need to have a new title every year is based on nothing but greed. 

New game every September.

To be fair, they've added something very popular for the last 2 years and there's always changes to the gameplay. I love football so I've been a sucker for FIFA since 1998.

I would like a title update with transfers instead of a new game, but it's a business, you or I would probably do the same :)

6 minutes ago, Con said:

If there is a XDBX Tournament....I will buy. 

I dunno if I would be up for that, last time was a real ball ache with people taking it way too seriously, that's without people causing shit and walking away after it hits the fan.

If you were to buy the game for a tournament again, I'd see it as a waste of money, money that could be spent on a game that might get more play time :)

Got the game just have found it really hard to enjoy it a whole lot, not really been motivated enough yet. 

As for the tournament maybe later in the year (that way it’s cheaper) only if we get enough interest though. 

If we do decide there is enough interest later on I can sort something. That way i’m In charge and there won’t be any issues :D 

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I dunno if I would be up for that, last time was a real ball ache with people taking it way too seriously, that's without people causing shit and walking away after it hits the fan.

If you were to buy the game for a tournament again, I'd see it as a waste of money, money that could be spent on a game that might get more play time :)

Appreciate the honesty. I know we all want to win the tournaments, but it's true, the focus should be about having fun. Take the current GTAV tennis tournament, it has been going smooth...probably because all of us that joined signed up for the fun and not the title. 

• Like 1

I think I'll skip this game. They invest so much in the Journey, which is in my opinion a waste of time, money and resources. No major improvements in career mode... 

20 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

I think I'll skip this game. They invest so much in the Journey, which is in my opinion a waste of time, money and resources. No major improvements in career mode... 

I enjoyed the journey part 2. But tbh it makes career mode feel even more stale/lacking in depth. Tried to start like 3 different career modes but got bored pretty much immediately. The one new thing they added with the actual transfer negotiations I don’t even like. I usually skip it entirely. 

Nice, double from Cabaye!

I'd replace Cabaye with Renato if you don't already have him, probably less than 2K and he's a beast despite him still playing like shit IRL :D

He's got good stamina, balance and agility in his in-game stats although his overall card looks poor. Engine is also a good boost on his stats. He will run for the full 90 minutes.

Quite a few decent players out there, but the overall card can sometimes appear better or worse than it is. 

Just finished doing the hybrid league challenge for the squad building challenges, used Spain as the nationality and it was relatively cheap to complete all four. End reward is a rare mega pack and 4 other packs. Tradable rewards, I got an 85 rated Totw Mahrez

Enjoying the challenges of building the teams to the brief more than playing the actual football to be honest :D 

Edited by Crawford1872

Not bad, he's probably worth at least 50K.

I had Bailly in mine, similar value and I already had him.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Making 2-300K a day by sniping Brondby defenders and selling them upto 2K higher. Those cards are in big demand due to Peter Schmeichel prime and Marquee Matchups SBC's.

On 28/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, DavidCore89 said:

Last night someone listed an 86 Roberto Carlos for 330K, bought him and sold him for 630K :D

That's a good deal with a lotta profit!  :COOLGLARE:

3 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

That's a good deal with a lotta profit!  :COOLGLARE:

I was lucky to be online when the transfer market was quiet.

Huge profit, and I also packed R9 Ronaldo in a 25K pack which sold for 5 million, however he's worth over 6 now.

I have a lot of coins, waiting for Black Friday and lower prices before filling my team with icons, although I have already owned most of them before selling.

I got and sold martial and canned my entire team when I realised I don’t really care about English football as much as I maybe used to, so gone Italian again. Got 100,000 coins and i’m not Buying anyone till after Christmas haha

Players might be more expensive then. There's a few players from Serie A that I want, but I can't fit them in my team without all icons surrounding them for chemistry.

PL players are overpriced.

Keep doing Squad Battles in the meantime, even if the team is 8K. A good week could earn upto 100K.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added prime Rui Costa and Emanuel Petit to my team from the SBC's. Still gotta sort out my defence, keeper and right wing, sold them before market crash.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Online friendlies in FUT anyone? 

Trying to get platinum, wanted this one out of the way.

Would be up for some games, not doing anything today so free whenever. 

Not been playing much this year but against a mate I’m sure can tolerate this mess of a game :D 

2 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Would be up for some games, not doing anything today so free whenever. 

Not been playing much this year but against a mate I’m sure can tolerate this mess of a game :D 

Awesome.

It's a bit better now in terms of gameplay, in certain areas. Patch Tuesday for more fixes.

I'll be on in an hour or so.