XDBX Tennis Championship

Potato

I'm definitely down for this. It will be nice to mix it up a bit. Just again, depending on the time. I'm NA time. But if that's not gonna be an issue, then count me in

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Potato

• Con

• Crawford1872

• The_Lady_A

Sorry, don't count with me. I don't think I'll have time for this, college is about to start, I'm looking for a part time job... Won't have time. Sorry man :(

• Sad 1

Ok so we have 10. I don't want @pete_95973 to be left out so we shall start the weekend of the 30th Sept / 1st Oct. As I said earlier @pete_95973 will be the first to have a week off, along with someone else from the other group. Groups and fixtures will be drawn randomly at a later date.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Potato said:

Ok so we have 10. I don't want @pete_95973 to be left out so we shall start the weekend of the 30th Sept / 1st Oct. As I said earlier @pete_95973 will be the first to have a week off, along with someone else from the other group. Groups and fixtures will be drawn randomly at a later date.

giphy.gif

@omarcomin71, since this event does not have a set specific date and time and is spread out across a few weeks it is not on the calendar. I just moved the planning thread to the crew events forum. Only thing really needed for this is @Lann to setup timer for the deadline to have matches done each weekend

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 minute ago, Lann said:

Will the deadline be the same time each week? When is round 1 ending?

Yes same time each week. First deadline will be Monday 2nd October 7am UTC

RULES:

• Matches will be one set

• Group matches will be drawn on Thursday mornings

• Matches are to be played between 19:00 Friday - 7:00 Monday UTC.

• It is up to the two participants of a match to decide what time & day their fixture will be played and who will host.

• Matches can be played on any tennis court in LS.

• SCORING: You will be awarded 3 points for non-tiebreak victory; 2 points for a tiebreak victory; 1 point for a tiebreak loss and 0 points for a non-tiebreak loss.

• The winner of the match should send a screenshot of the results screen to me via psn (Random_Potato) asap after the match. Please take note of the score.

• If you know in advance that you will not be able to play on a specific weekend please let me know by the Wednesday evening (UTC) before that weekend [so that you can be given that weekend off / your match can be rescheduled]. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit and your opponent being awarded a 6-0 victory.

• In extraordinary circumstances where you cannot play your match and do not know it until the weekend, your match can (NOT will) be rescheduled mid-week subject to confirmation from your opponent. If your opponent cannot reschedule to a mid-week game, they will be awarded a victory. [Whether this is a 6-0 victory or a tiebreak victory will be decided by me depending on the circumstances, and how much effort you and your opponent put in, to try and reschedule the match.] **I understand that this could be abused, but since we're all adults, please be courteous towards your opponents and reschedule the match if you can.

• There will be 2 groups of 5 people. You will play each opponent in your group once. After all 4 group matches have been played, the winner of each group will get a bye to the semi final. 2nd place in group A will play 3rd place in group B and vice versa in a MID-WEEK quarter-final. The semi finals will be A1 v B2/A3 and B1 v A2/B3.

• There will be a 3rd place play-off on the same weekend as the final.

• If at the end of the group matches, two or more players are on the same points, position will be decided by the difference in games won to games lost. If the players still cannot be separated, head to head record will determine who finishes higher.

• In the unlikely event of a match not being played due to your opponent not responding to your messages regarding organising the match; if you provide evidence of your attempts to contact your opponent, you will be awarded 6-0 victory. If neither player contacts the other they will both be awarded a 6-0 loss.

• Results & Tables will be added to OP.

Edited by Potato
  • Like 5

Ok, groups have been drawn randomly and they are as follows:

GROUP A: @The_Lady_A @Con @Crawford1872 @pete_95973 @Hatch

GROUP B: @Potato @LimeGreenLegend @Squirrel @Nybaal @djw180

Group matches will be drawn on Thursday mornings, giving people time to say if they want the week off. So if anyone from group b can't make next weekend, speak up now.

• Like 4

Is the first week set yet?

nm sorry

On 2017-09-20 at 9:05 PM, Potato said:

Yes same time each week. First deadline will be Monday 2nd October 7am UTC

Edited by Lann

Sucks that I didn't notice this one earlier, but since you have a nice even number, I'm just offering myself as a practice-partner! I do have a XDBX Tennis Tournament Champion medal from a few years back in case you don't know who you're dealing with here. :D

If anyone wants a friendly match, just send me a message through PSN or a PM on the site or reply to this post if you wish, with a time that would suit you best and I'm sure we can schedule it. ;)

Haven't played tennis in GTA for a while, but it's one of the best side activities in the game IMO.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Protocawl said:

Sucks that I didn't notice this one earlier, but since you have a nice even number, I'm just offering myself as a practice-partner! I do have a XDBX Tennis Tournament Champion medal from a few years back in case you don't know who you're dealing with here. :D

If anyone wants a friendly match, just send me a message through PSN or a PM on the site or reply to this post if you wish, with a time that would suit you best and I'm sure we can schedule it. ;)

Haven't played tennis in GTA for a while, but it's one of the best side activities in the game IMO.

I'll certainly take you up on that offer. I'll send you a message with my practice time availability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Protocawl said:

You can still join if you want. We can have one group of 6 and one of 5. Group stage will still take 5 weeks either way. You'd have to be in group B though, so bring it on.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Potato said:

You can still join if you want. We can have one group of 6 and one of 5. Group stage will still take 5 weeks either way. You'd have to be in group B though, so bring it on.

If it doesn't complicate things and you're certain about it?

I'd love to join in that case. :)

But if it complicates anything, I'll be happy as just a practice-partner.

My offer for practice matches stands in either case, though!

55 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

If it doesn't complicate things and you're certain about it?

Actually, no f**k off. Just kidding :P I can't think of anything it complicates. Same KO round procedure. Same group round length for both groups. Only difference is group B get one extra game and play every week.

• Like 1