M.A.R.D.Y

zmurko

Event Title: M.A.R.D.Y
Event Author: zmurko
Calendar: Public Events Calendar

Mondays Are Race DaYs

82A54973-8B14-4BC9-B3D9-6BEEEE24DAA4-5593-00000524D8F1C8F3.jpeg.092f5cefc62ca809b228928ba55d463b.jpeg

There isn't going to be a fixed format for this event other than it will be race related. It will be used for testing sessions of new tracks and cars, casual race nights and other one off events like ROC and Super GT.

Guest hosts are welcome if they want to run an event.  

It will be bi-weekly while Supercup is on and switch to weekly in November. 

Event will start at 9pm UK time starting on the 11th of September

Every other Monday at 8 PM GMT hosted by Squirrel

M.A.R.D.Y
  • Thanks 1

This Mondays playlist. Feel free to practise the tracks. All races contact except where specified

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/xFY2QkM5DUOwZbFAfrQIXQ

1. ROC Zancudo - The original Race of Champions circuit - Stock Omnis 6 laps
  2. ROC Sandy Shores - My latest ROC circuit - Stock Omnis 6 laps
  3. Singapore Supercup - The next race in the Supercup championship - Comet Retro 5 laps
  4. Spongebob Race - Fun intermission, any Supercar 4 laps
  5. Twin Ring Motegi - Upcoming Super GT track for testing. Any Sports car, 4 laps non contact (will be used as qualifying for race 6)
  6. LS International Circuit - Potential Super GT Track - Same sports car as previous race, grid determined by finishing order of race 5, 9 laps.
  7. B Road Race 2 Remastered - Potential Super GT Track - Same car as previous 2 races. Grid set as the reverse of the previous race finishing order, 6 laps.

For races 5, 6 and 7 I'd like drivers to use the same car for each race. It doesn't matter which car you use from the Sports class as long as you stick with it. If you're not competing in Supercup and don't have a Comet Retro you're free to use any car in the Sports Class for race 3.

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 2

Little bump for this. Just over two hours to go. Just a quick note on the surfaces for the tracks. 

Job 1 is a mix of stunt prop and runway, job 2 is stunt prop and dirt, job 3 stunt prop and road, job 4 Stunt prop, runway and tube, job 5 is all stunt prop as is job 6 and finally job 7 is all based on real twisty country roads. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 5 tracks so far I’d like to try out. Just deciding which additional two tracks I want to add as an endurance test. Probably use a couple of past Supercup tracks as we are already familiar.

I’ll have a playlist published within an hour and suggestions of which cars to use. 

• Like 1

Tonights Playlist

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/i74NSmvR2EmH7jUBIqruQg

1. ROC Del Perro - Stock Ruston 6 laps
  2. Race of Champions -  6 laps
  3. Shanghai Intl circuit - Any sports 5 laps 
  4. Sepang International - Custom Comet Retro - 5 laps
  5. Topanga Gp - any sports - 3 laps
  6. Xero Gas Stadium -any sports - 5 laps
  7. Monza Supercup - Same sports as previous race - 7 laps
  8. Hungaroring Supercup - Same sports as previous - 12 laps

RSVP as soon as you can specifying which car you want to use for the last 3 races. I may be asking certain drivers to remove spoilers from their cars.

@Crawford1872 @Potato  would you guys like to use the same car tonight? I don’t mind which car you choose. Potato if possible can you remove the spoiler from yours. 

For those wondering what I’m doing, based on Supercup performances Potato is usually about half a second a lap quicker than Ally on longer races. If the removal of the spoiler makes them more equal or makes Ally faster over longer distances then I will get good data for use in Super GT where the field will be getting balanced out by different cars dependant on the speed of the driver. Removing a spoiler is a simple way of modifying a car slightly without having to worry about turbos or engine upgrades which can’t be seen on a racing grid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@Crawford1872 @Potato  would you guys like to use the same car tonight? I don’t mind which car you choose. Potato if possible can you remove the spoiler from yours. 

For those wondering what I’m doing, based on Supercup performances Potato is usually about half a second a lap quicker than Ally on longer races. If the removal of the spoiler makes them more equal or makes Ally faster over longer distances then I will get good data for use in Super GT where the field will be getting balanced out by different cars dependant on the speed of the driver. Removing a spoiler is a simple way of modifying a car slightly without having to worry about turbos or engine upgrades which can’t be seen on a racing grid. 

If you want, but it is only the supercup where I'm faster than ally. Jester rc? @Crawford1872

• 2 weeks later...

Have we got much interest for tonight? Seems there’s a lot of people wanting to be on the Star Wars and GT Sport betas while they are time limited. 

I’m also struggling for time this evening, the Mrs goes away tomorrow but I can get on and host if there’s a lot of interest. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/11/2017 at 9:46 PM, Lann said:

Can we look forward to MARDy this monday @Squirrel?

There’s not enough interest for this. Most of the racers have moved onto GT sport for their racing fix. 

Will reassess once the transform races come to the creator. They should hopefully be a new wave of interest for them but that also depends on if anyone is still playing GTA by then.  

• Sad 1