Destiny 2

Protocawl

Everything Destiny 2 related up for discussion here.

So who's getting it, now or soon/later? If later, why? I'll definitely get my hands on D2, but since I have other plans for the months before December, I've resisted the urge to pre-order it and will wait for the reviews to make sure some of the things that sound questionable in terms of some changes from the first game aren't completely bad.

If it happens to go on sale soon, I'll most likely grab it right away, though.

Dani and me are (if all goes right) receiving D2 tomorrow. We sadly only have the one night to play it before we're leaving for the weekend but we'll be playing it. If you liked Destiny 1 I don't think you have to wait for reviews. It will mostly be similar, I think. 

• Like 1

Don't expect any price cuts anytime soon. Best thing to do if you want propa value for money is to hold off buying it until their last major dlc release and get the lot on one disc/ download.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now's a great time to hop on the Destiny 2 wagon right before the 1st expansion comes out on the 5th of December!

There's a great deal on all versions of the game on PS Store UK/EU right now thanks to the Black Friday sale, above all on the Digital Deluxe Edition, which includes all the DLC + some extra in-game items and is 30% off, costing £62.99!

Without the extra items, there's the Game+Expansion Pass version for £59.99 and the Standard version with no DLC at £35.74.

The sale ends Nov 27 11:59pm UTC

I'm buying the Digital Deluxe Edition this weekend, since there probably won't be an equally good sale on the full version for months now. Tiny chance that there might be another £10 off during one of the Xmas deals this year, but I wouldn't bet on it. The standard edition probably will be on sale during Xmas, but not the DLC bundles.

I'll probably start leading the Destiny 2 side of the crew sometime soon as well, after I level up and get acquainted with all the changes and content in the game. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny 2 free timed trial is available on PS Store until the end of the year (at least)!

Want to try it out? This is the best chance to do so!

Good idea to try it while it's free BUT. . . . check out the negative reviews and comments before buying the game, bungie seem to be doing a good job at making the same mistakes as before and upsetting their long time fans.

9 hours ago, b17vic said:

Good idea to try it while it's free BUT. . . . check out the negative reviews and comments before buying the game, bungie seem to be doing a good job at making the same mistakes as before and upsetting their long time fans.

I've started noticing that, too.

The fact that you are now forced to buy the DLC in order to access some of the original content, is absolutely ridiculous. I did buy the DLC, and had planned on it anyway. I find the game to be a shitload of fun. Looks great, plays great, what's not to like? Does it get stale after a while? Sure. But I thoroughly enjoy it up to that point. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Destiny 2 has a free weekend active from today until July 1st.

Best time to try this game out if you happen to be interested. Any progress you make will be carried over if you decide to buy the game afterwards.

• 2 months later...

Destiny 2 is now available for FREE for PS+ members in September! It's one of the free PS+ games for the month and once you add it to your library, it's yours to keep and play for good.

Definitely worth picking up for free if you're even slightly interested, it's definitely a great co-op FPS experience with most activities being playable with a group of up to 3 friends at all times. The gunplay is super enjoyable, but you'll have to experience it to understand what I mean.

• 3 months later...

Anyone here who'd like to do the Leviathan raid and/or Nightfalls, Exotic Quests, Crucible, etc. ? (I don't have Forsaken or Annual Pass DLC, only the Osiris & Warmind DLC, but the base game will be enough for the raid and most of the stuff)

Anyone in an active clan I could join for those activities or perhaps interested in forming a new clan with me for XDBX & friends?

Edited by Protocawl