Project CARS 2

DavidCore89

True, most Thrustmaster pedals suck, pretty much forced to buy their pro set.

I used a handmade rig for a few years, it was creaky on rally games, but solid on track. I definitely don't have any carpentry skills though :)

First RS.01 race of the season tonight at 1AM GMT, Long Beach, 1 hour can't wait!

Will post the replay. Hopefully I can keep it out of the walls as I'm quick enough to grab a podium.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

First RS.01 race of the season tonight at 1AM GMT, Long Beach, 1 hour can't wait!

Will post the replay. Hopefully I can keep it out of the walls as I'm quick enough to grab a podium.

I am sure you will do well! Good luck!

Cheers, I'll try my best!

We will have a live broadcast with commentary from around 1AM should anyone like to watch or consider racing with us in the future. Broadcaster will obviously feature all of the cars, not just mine. 

I'll post the channel later.

12 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Cheers, I'll try my best!

We will have a live broadcast with commentary from around 1AM should anyone like to watch or consider racing with us in the future. Broadcaster will obviously feature all of the cars, not just mine. 

I'll post the channel later.

I'll try to watch. Good luck!

• Like 2

Yeah they do a good job. Grid should be full next week and a proper track.

2nd place by 3.4s, kinda disappointed as I would have probably won had a lapped car not cut me off after letting the leader by, maybe didn't know I was coming too, but poor awareness nevertheless. Minor damage, but it forced me to pit earlier than planned and change my strategy.

Lots of disconnections lower down, hopefully that patch comes soon.

Edited by DavidCore89

Race day again.

Daytona Road Course, 15 min qualifying and 1 hour race, Renault Sport RS.01.

Weather sync bug with rain means weather has changed to heavy fog progressing to clouds with early AM in-game start time. Quite a bit cooler than last week. No idea what to expect as my practice has been solo.

1AM GMT, will post the stream later, there will be commentary again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone I'm been playing project Cars 2 for the last few days and I would enjoy the weather system of it could be dry and then you can get the rain and trying to stay on slicks keep your tyre temperature

Is anyone else coming playing his game I play on a controller I know it's very hard that's the turn off I'm playing

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi  got to Spirit of the Le Mans DLC and as it's Le Mans on this weekend and I'm very excited I made a tribute video to Steve McQueen and Porsche 917 on the track

also use controller but I don't have a a steering wheel but I'm happy to give my current control configuration to anyone

It's a good game this game the cars might be a bit hard to drive enjoy it all the time in day settings tyre pressures

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@DavidCore89 this worth picking up for £11 or so? I'm enjoying GT sport on the pad after a few years away from it, but want something with more emphasis on single player career and this looked like the one, maybe? 

Probably worth that, but it wasn't worth full price on release.

GT Sport will be better on the controller (pCARS2 isn't even good with a wheel) and I know the career used to have many issues and bugs, but the devs didn't care. Track conditions not affecting the AI the same as the player, forced unmanageable weather conditions, etc. I stopped playing multiplayer pretty quickly and never really played much career mode, so couldn't say if anything got fixed.

As for car and track selection, it's brilliant. Can set up a race weekend with so many options. Although I do remember the career mode having a long progression, starting from the lower levels of racing such as karts or Clio Cup and working your way up.

• Like 1

Thanks @DavidCore89, deffo a few issues there but hopefully fixed 3 years down the line...will throw a tenner at it and see how it goes. Trying to get to grips with GT currently but figure it won't be a million miles away handling wise 

10 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Thanks @DavidCore89, deffo a few issues there but hopefully fixed 3 years down the line...will throw a tenner at it and see how it goes. Trying to get to grips with GT currently but figure it won't be a million miles away handling wise 

Yeah, might just need to adjust the controller settings to your preference.

5 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Yeah, might just need to adjust the controller settings to your preference.

That was the step I had to take to make GT Sport playable, that and remapping the shift controls to something more tolerable. Deluxe edition for £12 seems okay, looking for something that reminds me of the old TOCA games 

• Like 1

Just now, Crawford1872 said:

That was the step I had to take to make GT Sport playable, that and remapping the shift controls to something more tolerable. Deluxe edition for £12 seems okay, looking for something that reminds me of the old TOCA games 

BTCC game should be coming: https://www.btcc.net/2020/07/29/motorsport-games-signs-long-term-agreement-with-the-british-touring-car-championship-to-create-video-game-and-esports-series/

• Thanks 1

I can say that any bigger bugs seemed to be fixed in career mode the last time I played it (less than a year ago I believe), but definitely stepped right into a pile of horsesh*t by pre-ordering that game way back when it launched. Should've cost £20 max, because it certainly wasn't worth more than that then. You'll get your money's worth for £11 for sure, though... as long as you're willing to put in the time to tweak your controller settings and car setups. @Crawford1872

I should get back into it myself, finish career and see if MP is still alive or completely dead.