My new (to me) S10

JustHatched

Bought this a couple weeks ago. Its a 1991 S10. The guy whom built it passed over a year ago, his daughter has since had it and it pretty much has sat since then. We've been negotiating on this thing for awhile.

I know it has a 383 V8, Comp roller cam, Edelbrock Airgap intake, 2 Edelbrock Performer Carbs, 700R4 trans with trans brake, and Ford 9 inch rear. It's a work in progress.

YXRkjuP.jpg

7TaA1DN.jpg

Ns5BiIQ.jpg

• Like 14

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• zztop911

• Sinister

• Dodge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice score. Those little trucks can haul ass very well :)

Hope that 700 is well built because they can barely handle a stock 350.

Nice looking pickup except for that thing on the back of the cab but that's just my opinion.

I assume you have to put some weight in the back to get it to hook up? 

3 hours ago, Beez said:

Nice looking pickup except for that thing on the back of the cab but that's just my opinion.

I assume you have to put some weight in the back to get it to hook up? 

Haven't tried to launch it yet, I have goosed it some while going down the road. 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Be sure and post a video. Careful though because if it has more power than traction you will be posting the wrong kind of video ;)

Interested in hearing it run though. A nice cam is a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, Sinister said:

Be sure and post a video. Careful though because if it has more power than traction you will be posting the wrong kind of video ;)

Interested in hearing it run though. A nice cam is a thing of beauty.

After a bit of tuning up here is what it sounds like, my phone doesn't do it justice though cuz Rose can hear it 2 miles or so from our house

Engine bay cleaned up. Oh yeah, the dash is out of a '59 Chevy

lbuUPxY.jpg

VlRJDDn.jpg

oeyGOXh.jpg

geDbgQG.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Well, i've thought real long on this and I have never been keen on the color, to dark and red for my taste. And since the truck has some minor issues as well I have decided after Xmas I am going to take the bed and cab off the frame, strip the frame and send it in for powder coat, rebuild the front end to better support the V8, rebuild rear end and add a track bar to it, rebuild the tranny, redo all the wiring, rear disc brake conversion with 4 piston calipers all the way around. Freshen the engine up, repaint it blue and get the interior redone. I am gonna close the hole in the hood and have a taller hood scoop so I can run a larger air filter on top of both carbs. Should take about a year to do everything, I'll be hanging up my airplanes to use all that money to cover truck costs

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I've been putting in alot of hours redoing my truck, almost have the interior done, just waiting on door panels and headrest to get done and installed. Here is what it looks like now. 

Dash is out of a 1959 Chevy Impala, seats out of a 2017 Camaro

JU5HgnH.jpg

Nk0I2YW.jpg

MjmFoYW.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

large.636619862458126369.jpg.f2d18fc87ce

• Like 3

I like that grill in the air damn.

There's better solution to those old school slapper bars. CalTracs are bolt on  and adjustable alternative. Pinion angle stays the same. Adjustable pre-load to keep the vehicle straight. Improve traction....car goes straight. I put them on my friend's Maverick and it totally changed the car, especially after I dialed in the correct pinion angle. A must have in all the leaf spring drag racing classes.

Great people to work with!

http://www.calvertracing.com/caltracs.html

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

I like that grill in the air damn.

There's better solution to those old school slapper bars. CalTracs are bolt on  and adjustable alternative. Pinion angle stays the same. Adjustable pre-load to keep the vehicle straight. Improve traction....car goes straight. I put them on my friend's Maverick and it totally changed the car, especially after I dialed in the correct pinion angle. A must have in all the leaf spring drag racing classes.

Great people to work with!

http://www.calvertracing.com/caltracs.html

Yeah, I have looked at those and plan to get them when I convert the rear to disc brakes later this year 

2 hours ago, Hatch said:

Yeah, I have looked at those and plan to get them when I convert the rear to disc brakes later this year 

Good deal hatch! It's the best way to go, believe me!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 3 months later...

Won my first award at car show yesterday. Top 75 award out of 164 entries. I dont know where in the 75 I was, they dont announce that but it doesnt matter to me, just happy to win something cuz it is hard to compete with cars from the 20s and 40s and chevelle, novas, mustang's, etc...  with an s10

vMnocJc.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Got a top 30 win today. Been a roll lately with the S10. Top 75, Top 25, and Top 30 all in the past month or so.

72mqS8a.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Queen of the fair for my last show for the year

20181027_1343020_zps3si8tapm.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder how many people here, without googling,  know what the "eyes" mean and the story behind them.

Looking good Hatch!

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

10 hours ago, zztop911 said:

I wonder how many people here, without googling,  know what the "eyes" mean and the story behind them.

Looking good Hatch!

I googled it and found it. But I wouldn't have guessed that without Google

6 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

I googled it and found it. But I wouldn't have guessed that without Google

I learned the story many many years ago as a little kid.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 8 months later...

Got 1st place in class with my s10 today

20190704_185938.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1