zmurko

Event Title: [Non-XDBX] Los Santos Touring Car Championship
Event Author: Skorpion
Calendar: Public Events Calendar

Event Host: @Mythaga
Game: GTA Online
Event Start Date: 31st May 2017
Event Start Time: Wednesday, 6:30pm GMT/UTC
(Wednesday, 2:30pm EDT / Wednesday, 7:30pm BDT / Thursday, 4:30am AEST)
Reoccurring: Weekly

(Non XDBX Event)

Los Santos Touring Car Championship

Hosted by Mythaga (VANS)

Welcome to the LSTCC!
(Los Santos Touring Car Championship)

Round 1 will take place Wednesday 31st May @ 19:30 BST (freemode meetup from about 19.15)
Please note the earlier than usual start time, this is to avoid the Wednesday night clash with the XDBX playlist.
I aim to have this wrapped up before 21.00 BST (I can host a random race playlist after for those wanting more)

Cars:

We will be using Sedan class cars. However the below cars are outlawed due to their superior performance.

Obey Tailgater
Benefactor Schafter (all variants)

Eligible Cars:

Declasse Asea
Karin Asterope
Enus Cognoscenti (non armoured)
Enus Cognoscenti 55 (non armoured)
Cheval Fugitive
Benefactor Glendale
Karin Intruder (no spoiler)
Declasse Premier
Albany Primo
Albany Primo Custom
Vapid Stanier
Zirconium Stratum
Enus Super Diamond
Vulcar Warrener
Albany Washington

All the above cars have been tested, and around the same track, they are all within 2 secs of each other. The exception being the Intruder which was a little bit quicker. It will be allowed though but minus a spoiler, as removing it reduced its lap times to within range of the other cars.

There are a good number of cars to choose from, and not much between them performance wise. It would be good to see a nice mix of cars, but duplicates will be allowed.

I am aware that there are other Sedan class cars not listed. This is because their performance is so off the pace they wouldn’t be worth racing.

Format:

Each round will take place on one track.

Round 1 track will be Circuit Xero.

We will have a brief free-roam meetup prior to the start to check out each others choice of car and say hello etc.

Qualifying - 4 laps (non contact)
There will be a 4 lap qualifying session, 1 warm up lap, 2 flying laps, 1 cool down lap.
After qualifying, exit to freemode and await playlist invite.

Do not race from the start as we will be adjusting the grid.
Each heat should take approx. 10 mins

Heat 1 – 8 laps (contact)
Grid will be formed based on qualifying results

Heat 2 – 8 laps (contact)
Grid will be formed based on the finishing positions of heat 1

Heat 3 – 8 laps (contact)
Grid will be formed based on the results of heat 2, but with the finishing order reversed.
(last place would be on pole, and so on…)

It is your responsibility to remember your finishing/grid position. This is to save time so we don’t have to keep checking results screenshots.

This format is loosely based on how the British Touring Car Championship meetings are run.

Points scored as per playlist scores.

Rules:

Cars may be fully modded and customised however you like, but no off road tyres .

No kerb boosting. Let me clarify this though, hitting kerbs on the inside and outside of corners on the racing line is ok.
Weaving on and off kerbs down the straights is not. However due to the nature of the tracks we are using I can’t imagine this being an issue.

Race clean at all times. However this is Touring Cars, so a bit of rubbing is to be expected and tolerated to a degree.
But push to pass moves, using the car in front as a brake, pitting, weaving on straights and blatant takeouts are certainly not ok!
If you do accidentally take someone out you are expected to slow down and let them take their position back.

Most importantly though, don’t be a bell end!

Any questions, just ask in this thread or drop Mythaga or JuniorChubb a pm.

You will also need to drop Mythaga a friend request on PSN to get your invite on the night...

We have a group chat on PSN and a sign up on the GTAF page or you can drop me a shout if you want to take part.

Mythaga will post details of upcoming events in this thread but they will be at least two weeks between races making it an easier commitment.

[Non-XDBX] Los Santos Touring Car Championship
  • Like 4

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mythaga

• zmurko

• JuniorChubb

• Crawford1872

Cheers Dude, @Mythaga here's the thread. Will let you do your thing, Z's video was better than mine so no point posting it :) 

Round 1 was last night and was really good, the cars are cheap and the start time is decent for eu players and means we still can go to WOW :) 

Yeah, it was good fun. It would have been even more enjoyable if I hadn't screwed it up so many times. :lol:

Probably ruined a pole position on the last chicane in qualifying (lap was a potential 1:32) just to start with. :(

Aynway, here are all my videos, qualifying and all 3 heats:

• Like 1

Cheers @Crawford1872 & @zmurko

Round 1 was great fun, the format worked well and all wrapped up in about 1 hour. 

I will post up details of Round 2 in due course. 

@DavidCore89 Details have been on GTAF for weeks, didn't want to post on here at first as it's not an XDBX event.

You are more than welcome to join from Round 2 onwards ☺

6 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

Cheers @Crawford1872 & @zmurko

Round 1 was great fun, the format worked well and all wrapped up in about 1 hour. 

I will post up details of Round 2 in due course. 

@DavidCore89 Details have been on GTAF for weeks, didn't want to post on here at first as it's not an XDBX event.

You are more than welcome to join from Round 2 onwards ☺

No problem and thanks.

Very rarely use GTAF.

We would have considered posting here Dave, I have previously asked about posting VANS events here but never got a response on whether or not it is acceptable to promote non-XDBX events on the website.

Thanks to Z for posting the details :)

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

It's a bit early for me (4:30am), so I can't commit to making it every race, but wouldn't mind taking part whenever I can.  

Couple of questions;

• Do have to be part of a team like the Pfister Supercup, or can I enter solo?  Don't want to let a team down by not being there each round.
  • I have a custom Fugitive and Warrener from the list.  Do I need to choose one only, or can I switch between each round if I choose?
  • Are there only 10 spots each round, or will you allow a higher number of players?  Don't want to take a spot from someone if I'm just a maybe to make the event.

Cheers. :)

I've posted this in the GTAF thread too.

Not sure about the question on the cars, had thought we were choosing one car so the season was balanced rather than people changing all the time but I might be wrong, but the teams can work like the PC, in that you could become a third driver and the top two would score points for the team so that could work, and there's plenty of spaces for everyone reading this ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

We would have considered posting here Dave, I have previously asked about posting VANS events here but never got a response on whether or not it is acceptable to promote non-XDBX events on the website.

We've a good relationship with VANS members, so happy to consider any public events held by VANS for our events calendar.

We have an Events Planning and Submissions forum which is used by all our members wishing to have an event added to the calendar. I'm pretty sure that non-XDBX can submit new posts in that forum, and all the details we require before approval are listed in a template when creating a new event submission. All you need to do is provide all the details, and as long as there are no clashes with any existing XDBX events, then your event will likely be approved as long as there are no other unforeseen problems.

This has now been added to the public calendar.

• Like 2

Right fellas, details of Round 2 have been finalised. We have decided to run fortnightly, so the next round will be:

Wednesday 14th June @ 19:30 BST, freemode meetup from 19:15.

The track of choice this time will be a Van Society favourite, given a fresh coat of paint:

Tataviam Mountain Circuit
http://rsg.ms/e4fda14

It has been compared to Bathhurst, the way it snakes up and down the mountain side, and features a notorious downhill esses section which has claimed many a victim!

The full calendar is being discussed and will be posted once finalised. 

Before anyone else asks, no changing cars between rounds, and please also keep the same colour scheme. This is so people learn who is who and keeps continuity.

However if you really, really must change your car, then you can. But there will be a penalty for doing so. You will have 10 points deducted from your overall points total and you will have to start the first race from the back of the grid. You will only be allowed to change your car once.

Again any further questions just ask ☺

http://gtaforums.com/topic/887865-los-santos-touring-car-championship-ps4/?view=getnewpost

6 hours ago, Skorpion said:

We've a good relationship with VANS members, so happy to consider any public events held by VANS for our events calendar.

Thanks Skorpion :)

20 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Dave? Ouch! :CRY:

Can I sign up via this thread?

If so, I'll have a look at the cars and get back to you.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Can I sign up via this thread?

If so, I'll have a look at the cars and get back to you.

Yeah no problem, just let me know once you have sorted a car/team and I'll add you to the list ?

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Whoops :blush:

I live in East London/Essex, we have plenty of Dave's round here. I forget that elsewhere 'my mate Dave' is not as accepted. Sorry David, or Mr core :)

I guess Myth answered your other question for you.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

I'll sign you up :)

Do you want to rep a team?

Edited by JuniorChubb

01. Mythaga - PHUQ Motorsport (Washington)
02. Chubb - Xero Gas motorsport (Primo)
03. Ally - PHUQ Motorsport (Primo Custom)
04. Paulie - Ron Racing Team (Primo)
05. DavidCore89 - No team yet (Fugitive)

Hi all, any more for tomorrow? Bit down on numbers compared to round 1 so if you intend to race please sign up asap as I will be sorting the spreadsheet out tonight, cheers.

@DavidCore89 can you send me a friend request please.

Current sign up list:

01. Mythaga - PHUQ Motorsport (Washington)
02. Chubb - Xero Gas motorsport (Primo)
03. Ally - PHUQ Motorsport (Primo Custom)
04. Paulie - Ron Racing Team (Primo)
05. DavidCore89 - No team yet (Fugitive)
06. zmurko - Ron Racing Team (Fugitive)
07. Potato - Team Random_Monkey (Warrener)

On 2017-6-11 at 10:20 PM, starmonkeykiller said:

Am not sure i'll be onlineby then but if i am i am in 

Hope you're back Monkey, I know you are betrothed to Potato but I have missed you too :)

• Like 2