Our Best Races?

Squirrel

The other night while racing we were discussing that we should submit more of our tracks to Broughys Content Creator Stream in an effort to gain more exposure for our creations. I've just been watching the latest stream and he has reopened the submissions again for fresh tracks.

We are limited to one track per creator so which of each of our creators tracks would you recommend to be submitted?

Once we get a shortlist up I'll create a poll and we can vote and see if we can get one of our tracks featured.

Link for the submissions here:

https://goo.gl/forms/zHxf68mB557hL0df2

591f1e9ea7691_racecategories.JPG.10ec65b67d2e00fc8f5995b328f9c83b.JPG

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Banketelli

• DavidCore89

• no_snacks

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumble by @kernalhogan

Haven't seen a new stunt race for ages, it's all flat stuff or a wall-bouncers dream.

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Those are the best for racing, no doubt about that.

Haven't played a stunt/race track that comes close from this crew, but I don't test them all.

Edited by DavidCore89

Just now, Banketelli said:

Did he specifically ask for stunt races this time? 

The list of race types are in the OP. There's only ever been 1 non stunt track featured. Stunt Races don't necessarily mean loops etc. It's just the type of race. 

11 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The list of race types are in the OP. There's only ever been 1 non stunt track featured. Stunt Races don't necessarily mean loops etc. It's just the type of race. 

Yeah, saw that. But wasn't sure because of the title. 

Haven't played for a while and even then I didn't race much so no idea which tracks to nominate, so I'm just gonna submit my own Elevation Street. :D Though it probably has no chance of getting selected.  

20 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Yeah, saw that. But wasn't sure because of the title. 

Haven't played for a while and even then I didn't race much so no idea which tracks to nominate, so I'm just gonna submit my own Elevation Street. :D Though it probably has no chance of getting selected.  

It is my favorite XDBX created track!

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

4 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

It is my favorite XDBX created track!

You got great taste, sir!  Any chance you can write a recommendation to Broughy? :D

• Like 2

Edited the topic title to make it clearer, I named it stunt races as most new tracks do include the stunt props even the traditional circuits.

I'm not sure which of my tracks to submit, I submitted by ROC Zancudo track before but obviously didn't make the cut. I was considering maybe 8 Ball as a themed/stunt race or maybe one of the Supercup tracks I've made recently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zmurko said:

broughy hates (not even strong enough of a word) tires and tire stacks

Well, probably no chance just became not a chance in hell for Elevation Street.:lol: It's half race, half tire stacks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zmurko said:

2 notes:

He dislikes real life track recreations

Downtown Dash, Atomic-R Seoul, The Square Ring all fit the bill.

Looks like 8 Ball from myself then!

I do know he likes duel type tracks as well as tracks which feature the Omnis, thought ROC Zancudo would fit the bill perfectly

Depends if Snacks is making anything new as to what should be voted on, best creations and they only get better as he creates more

If I had to choose one of my own, it'll be either Faswan GP for the "Regular Racing Track" category, or The Square Ring for the "Proper Racing Track'.

Downtown Dash, and Atomic R-Seoul are probably a bit too restricting in a few spots.  There'll be too many pile ups in a contact race with a full lobby. Would be funny to watch it though. :lol:

Edit - Broughy has mentioned a few times that he particularly likes races that use a lot of real roads, but with a couple of stunt prop sections to link different parts of the track in a new and creative way.  I don't think The Square Ring does that, but he'd probably enjoy the downhill section in Faswan GP.

Edited by no_snacks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 8:55 PM, zmurko said:

2 notes:

He dislikes real life track recreations

I've ignored this and submitted Monaco anyway. It's a fair better track to race on than 8 Ball and my other tracks. I can understand his previous dislike of real track recreations. Many of them are a joke and only vaguely represent the track. If Monaco doesn't get his attention then nothing will. 

IMO the recreations aren't as good as some of the races on land (stunt or not). Corners are mostly the same degrees, uninspiring and no variation in track surfaces as it's all flat and surrounded by metal. It's a bit like "Hey look, here's Eau Rouge with 12 different elevation changes, this must be Spa".

Should have submitted 8-ball, it was good fun, very niche, well made and a unique idea. I can't see Monaco standing out from the crowd of recreations as there will be loads.

I'd much rather race the real-life tracks on a different game instead of butchering them in GTA. You can do pretty much anything with the creator, endless possibilities, but so many are obsessed with real-life tracks knowing full well the laser scanned versions are in other games. Waste of creativity IMO. I'm not creative enough, but some of the guys here are capable of much better than recreations.

Hope to see one of my favourite street races submitted from @no_snacks and one of the newer ones by @Skorpion. Also @kernalhogan's Bumble must be the best actual stunt race in the crew. Submit the hell out of it!

• Like 1

Meh, ROY G. BIV for me for a stunt race tbh, frustrating at times but the most complete experience also, but as for proper tracks snacks can do those, sure last night we were talking about him redoing Lucky Plucker with new props/double cp's ;) (after I missed one when trying to get round a slower car)  

I've submitted Faswan GP for my track.  I just love driving on it for some reason.  I'll get around to updating Havick On Hawick one of these days.

I'm not a big fan of real life recreations either.  There are some good ones out there, but a lot of them are very bland and predictable to drive on.  If we had some better corner track pieces, things would be a lot better.

As for updating a few crew classic tracks, I'd love to do a couple of them, with the original creators permission of course. :)

@Squirrel.  I think you should submit 8 Ball too.  Nothing against Monaco (it's a really well made track), but I feel it's not what Broughy or his judges are after.  8 Ball has a great mix of stunting, proper racing and the novelty factor.  

4 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

I've submitted Faswan GP for my track.  I just love driving on it for some reason.  I'll get around to updating Havick On Hawick one of these days.

I'm not a big fan of real life recreations either.  There are some good ones out there, but a lot of them are very bland and predictable to drive on.  If we had some better corner track pieces, things would be a lot better.

As for updating a few crew classic tracks, I'd love to do a couple of them, with the original creators permission of course. :)

@Squirrel.  I think you should submit 8 Ball too.  Nothing against Monaco (it's a really well made track), but I feel it's not what Broughy or his judges are after.  8 Ball has a great mix of stunting, proper racing and the novelty factor.  

Cool, recreate any of mine if you like.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Cool, recreate any of mine if you like.

Awesome.  I'll get started on Lucky Plucker.  It's a great track with some really cool corners and fast sections.  A few guiding props and some double CPs will just add a cherry on top IMO. :)

I promise not to butcher it too much. :lol:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

Awesome.  I'll get started on Lucky Plucker.  It's a great track with some really cool corners and fast sections.  A few guiding props and some double CPs will just add a cherry on top IMO. :)

Reveal hidden contents

I promise not to butcher it too much. :lol:

Cool, looking forward to testing it.

Don't mind what happens with it, but try and keep as much real roads as possible, also try not to smooth out sections of road that make the car unstable, otherwise it becomes too easy at high speed.

• Like 2