Various issues/problems & solutions

zmurko

I thought I'd open another topic for anyone to ask how to overcome a problem in the creator or when you don't know a solution for something.

Anyway, here's my first question. Why doesn't it let me place a spawn point where there's clearly enough space and/or not much incline.

Is this a common problem/bug and what's a solution, or does this have anything to do with the building blocks placed nearby (not in the way as far as I can tell anyway)?

Area must be clear: (do I need a f****** airfiled?!)

C_PJWC0XUAAq9kK.jpg

The ground must be level: (I don't remember spawn points needing a 0.00000000 degrees flat area!)

C_PJvxAXUAAcWcY.jpg

• Like 1

What type of job is it? I've noticed that creating different jobs sometimes has different bugs like this. I've never come across this, but have come across other stuff that's been specific to only one job type.

Also, do you get the same problem when placing in those positions without the platform that's nearby. I'd expect that distance to be well over what's needed, but it's not impossible to be the problem.

I'll jump in the creator today and see if I can replicate the problem and find a solution.

If all else fails, you could try placing a platform so it's only slightly out of the ground and place the spawn on top of that before deleting it (make sure they're templates though so the spawn remains). It'll add extra work to getting it done, but if it works it'll at least help to overcome the problem.

I've had this problem before, @zmurko.  Like Skorpion said, I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the large prop nearby.  I also had those same props nearby, like in the Davis Darkzone DM you've played.

As you know, those large building block props are flat/horizontal by default, so even when you rotate it to vertical, the game gets a bit muddled and still thinks it's flat and in the way of where you're trying to place your spawn point.  The further you move away from that prop, the easier it will be to place the spawn.

You can try placing the spawn point somewhere else first, then pick it up and try to put it where you want it.  It sometimes works, but not always.  Also, after you've picked up the spawn, make sure you use slow and steady movements when moving back to your desired spot.  Don't ask me why, but sometimes creeping up on the spot while the game isn't looking actually works - I'm not kidding either. :D

The other solution is to remove the nearby prop until you've placed the spawns and then try putting it back.  Make sure you save first because some of the spawns may still disappear when you replace the prop.  That's all I know about that issue.  Maybe Skorp's solution with the template will work if these options don't.  Good luck.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

Don't ask me why, but sometimes creeping up on the spot while the game isn't looking actually works - I'm not kidding either. :D

It sounds crazy, and not really sure how it works (though I have some theories) but I can confirm that this does help sometimes.

• Like 1

Another thing that might work is changing the camera angle and / or distance. I was trying to place the start grid for a race and couldn't seem to fit it in even though to me there looked to be enough room. I zoomed out to get a better look at what the problem might be and at a certain distance away the marker just turned from red to yellow and grid went in.

5 hours ago, Skorpion said:

What type of job is it? I've noticed that creating different jobs sometimes has different bugs like this. I've never come across this, but have come across other stuff that's been specific to only one job type.

Also, do you get the same problem when placing in those positions without the platform that's nearby. I'd expect that distance to be well over what's needed, but it's not impossible to be the problem.

I'll jump in the creator today and see if I can replicate the problem and find a solution.

If all else fails, you could try placing a platform so it's only slightly out of the ground and place the spawn on top of that before deleting it (make sure they're templates though so the spawn remains). It'll add extra work to getting it done, but if it works it'll at least help to overcome the problem.

It's a deathmatch. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them when next time I'm in the creator.

4 hours ago, no_snacks said:

I've had this problem before, @zmurko.  Like Skorpion said, I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the large prop nearby.  I also had those same props nearby, like in the Davis Darkzone DM you've played.

As you know, those large building block props are flat/horizontal by default, so even when you rotate it to vertical, the game gets a bit muddled and still thinks it's flat and in the way of where you're trying to place your spawn point.  The further you move away from that prop, the easier it will be to place the spawn.

You can try placing the spawn point somewhere else first, then pick it up and try to put it where you want it.  It sometimes works, but not always.  Also, after you've picked up the spawn, make sure you use slow and steady movements when moving back to your desired spot.  Don't ask me why, but sometimes creeping up on the spot while the game isn't looking actually works - I'm not kidding either. :D

The other solution is to remove the nearby prop until you've placed the spawns and then try putting it back.  Make sure you save first because some of the spawns may still disappear when you replace the prop.  That's all I know about that issue.  Maybe Skorp's solution with the template will work if these options don't.  Good luck.

Yep, going for a similar type of DM as Davis Darkzone, as I really like it, just in another location, rich with all sorts of alleyways, rooftops and naturaly placed props (I think it's the only 1-on-all DM with guns I've actually won in the crew :D ).

I'll try the creeping up method as well. :lol:

49 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Another thing that might work is changing the camera angle and / or distance. I was trying to place the start grid for a race and couldn't seem to fit it in even though to me there looked to be enough room. I zoomed out to get a better look at what the problem might be and at a certain distance away the marker just turned from red to yellow and grid went in.

I've had that happen in race creations as well, with starting grids and props, didnt have any success with changing camera here though.

Thanks everyone for the input, I'll see if it helps or if R* was just being a dick on that day alone. <_<

Not sure if the other responses have helped but just in case...

I would put a Building block on the floor and sink it to give you nice flat surface, as low as you can before the floor comes through, but maybe low enough that parts of the floor can be seen.

Once this is done place your spawn points, and remove the Building Block. I would remove the Building Block by editing it, placing it elsewhere then deleting it as sometimes a straight delete will delete your spawn points. This trick worked for me when adding spawn points to roofs when making Docking bay 94. The whole area was surrounded by huge Building Blocks and Raised Stunt Track.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 4 months later...

A GTA capture can now not properly set a specific vehicle for a specific team, you can select both teams or team 2 (not just team 1).

And in the same capture the respawn was set on the tarmac at LSIA, but respawned both me and Sinister (only two of us in the job) in Vinewood.

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, Lann said:

Does it jam the radar  :) ?

If that was the case I would be very excited.  That would be very cool for death matches. 

• 6 months later...

Muskets have now been added to the creator which is awesome but if you use them as a pickup weapon they turn to pistols in the job. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2018 at 11:07 PM, Squirrel said:

Muskets have now been added to the creator which is awesome but if you use them as a pickup weapon they turn to pistols in the job. 

Same goes for the Gusenberg Sweeper. Once you test the job, they turn into pistols, so they didn't actually add them to the creator after all, since we can't actually use them. Great stuff, R*. ?

I've had a go at using the Warp checkpoints. You can't warp very far. Once placed it draws a hemisphere around it and you have to place the next CP within that. Don't have any exact measures but the race I was trying to make certainly won't work (wanted to warp half way across the map). As a rough guide, if you know Fort Zancudo's layout, with a Warp CP in front of the big hangar at the East of end of the runway your next CP won't quite reach the main gate at that end.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I did not know this and it might be of interest to some of you. You can set different forced weapons on each team now, and you can restrict spawnpoints to certain teams in TDM creator.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I just noticed you can now restrict the custom cars available on a track to be the same as the non-custom ones.

Oh man that is great!  I’m not a creator but the possibility of restricting some of the fastest cars, for example the pariah would be awesome. 

• 5 months later...

is it flat, descending or ascending?

Looks flat so I would do the 2nd one.

Edited by Spinnaker1981

7 hours ago, Lann said:

What type of cp placement would you prefer for going straight through a roundabout?

Two or one cp?

D1NidhHXgAUgHM0?format=jpg&name=large

D1NiduZW0AAWJOl?format=jpg&name=large

To make it as clear as possible I'd use the 1st option (2 CPs). Seems like a potential pile-up, since that single CP behind the roundabout doesn't really tell in any way that it is in fact a roundabout. All that anyone would understand is that there's a CP behind a wall, until they're probably too close to understand it's a roundabout. Sure, people will know after lap 1, but it can be a problem on the first lap, and a rather nasty one if contact is on.

Edited by Protocawl

• 4 years later...

I have a idea, but not the time to test it right now. Since most of my ideas turn out to not work as intended i figure i try and bounce it around here first. 

Imagine a this vs that setup, but on a flat area.

The team in the middle have sticky bombs. Their floor is destructable by explosives. They can not leave their area (maybe set a zone).

The other team are on Faggios, slow but big enough to hit with a sticky. They have some kind of weapon, something they can fire while riding, a close range weapon without auto-lock on. They need to be able to drive across the middle teams area, but cant stay in there. Maybe zones or speed boost can make sure of that.

So middle team need to hit the Faggios with a sticky, to be detonated once the Faggio left their area. The Faggios ride through shooting.

Thoughts, feedback?

• Like 2