Cunning stunts props

zmurko

Thought we could share some of the tips&tricks with how new cunning stunts props could be used in track creations.

If you have a question, fire away and we'll try to help you.

If you have found a great way to use a certain prop, please do share with us.

If you have seen something really cool in someone's creation and have no idea how it was done, please share it with us and we'll try to  figure it out together and perhaps learn how to use it ourselves too.

Etc...

I'll start with a question. Anyone knows what this (sunken) prop might be?

N67JUQ2.jpg

It looks too wide to be a building block I think. It's also too short (and again too wide) to be the landing zone turned ninety degrees. Any ideas?
Could be useful to cover up any lamposts in the middle of the street (like above).

Original video it was taken from (prop first appears at around 0:59):

• Like 1

Heh, nevermind, all it took was rewinding the video couple of seconds and look at the big picture:

Zvz0c1F.jpg

Looks to be a tube with the gap rotated just enough so the edge is sticking out in the middle of the road and covering up the lampposts. Clever. :)

Well, at least you get a picture of how this thread could be useful now. Sorry for my stupid question. :lol:

• Like 3

Something I've been meaning to mention about the props is the Debauchee start line, it's thicker than the normal track sections so this usually means you have a step going onto the start finish straight unless you place it manually. 

If you want to extend run off areas to the sides of the sloping track pieces you can use the opposite slope turned 180 degrees, for example if you have a 5 degree down slope, use the 5 degree up slope positioned upside down to as a matching run off section next to it.

The raised race track start lines when turned white and place upside down make a great representation of pitlane garages. Think everyone already knows about using the same sections to represent grandstands, I tend to have mine at 240 degrees. 

Try and make real race tracks as close to the ground as possible, the ingame scenery surrounding a track helps with the immersion. If you're not sure if a track will fit, build the route in the air first and then break it down into 3 or 4 templates. You can play around with the template positions to find a suitable location for the track. 

13 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

The raised race track start lines when turned white and place upside down make a great representation of pitlane garages. Think everyone already knows about using the same sections to represent grandstands, I tend to have mine at 240 degrees. 

If you add the back of the rail guards (have seen it being used in Lancer tracks), it looks even cooler, like snacks did here (on top of making the pit buildings even more sophisticated with the balcony, roof and all):

cF1laIL.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Something I've been meaning to mention about the props is the Debauchee start line, it's thicker than the normal track sections so this usually means you have a step going onto the start finish straight unless you place it manually.

It is also not completely Dune friendly. The traffic lights in the middle are too low for the Dune to drive under them. So beware of using it if you want to have Dune available in the race. ;)

Great idea for a thread...

I have a few to post later.

That concrete barrier in the OP, I swear I know what it is but it escapes me right now, it is similar to the new SignPost prop that moves up and down. If you flip it over it makes a concrete barrier.

Just about to post it was the other edge of the tube then I read your second post...  :lol:

Edited by JuniorChubb
Durp

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?