Glastonbury & Other Festivals.

Squirrel

Summer is almost upon us and festival season hype is already at full swing. 

The highlight of the English calendar has to be Glastonbury, one of the biggest and longest running festivals globally it has well over 100 stages and performance areas and some of the biggest bands 

Headliners this year are Foo Fighters, Radiohead and Ed Sheeran, a sample of the other acts are listed below with many more to be confirmed over the next couple of months

thmb400-300x300.png

I'll be going with @talk_2_frank_ and @TheBoyBry will also be there this year, are there any more of us in the crew going? 

• Like 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BryannosaurusRex

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

• DavidCore89

Not been since the 90's and I would probably complain its not the same anymore... 

Just like the people there in the 90's complained it was not like the 80's, just like they complained it was not like the 70's. :lol:

Seriously though I would love to relive the glory days and get back there again, especially before it changes name and moves to a new location.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Bearded theory at the end of May is meant to be a good one. Some people say it's what Glastonbury was like years ago.

I went to Shambala last year. It had a very chilled out vibe, but the vast majority of the music wasn't to my taste. It was still good fun though

@Squirrel have you paid the balance on your ticket? Got until midnight tonight! 

Also, like you did last year, a lot of people in the UK travel into Europe especially Germany for rock festivals as it can work out cheaper than most of the big UK festivals.

Edited by TheBoyBry
  • Like 1

Summer Gathering each year.

Never been to Glastonbury, not my kinda scene, although I know people who have been going for years.

• Like 1

Meh, had a look at the line up and there's about 5/6 folk I'd be properly excited about seeing and half of them I already have, shame really. Prefer to pay for a "big" gig once every year or so, hoping pearl jam come back soon...

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Paid it first thing Saturday morning :D Tent shopping at the moment. Found this beast which looks like it could be a lifesaver if the sun comes out:

big_d626bebe195649b8823b86a0edb96164.jpg

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-freshblack-tent-3-man-id_8357355.html

Those Quechua tents are great value for money. I should just about hold up in my camper :D

I hate camping, mud, the middle classes, rain, sunshine, farms, drunk people, sober people, groups of more than two people and most living musicians.

Think I'll pass.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Doubt they would survive a full festival with my fat arse

They're surprisingly strong. They'll easily take 14-15 stone

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

Radiohead at glasto, every time though who cares what that clashes with 

I saw them at Glasto 2003. I'll prob see Dizzee Rascal instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Poster Announced!!!

Few surprises on there plus there's still a number of TBA's which won't be confirmed until the start of the show.

I've just booked some tickets to watch Apocalypse Now in a 50's style American Drive In cinema on the final morning of the festival.

DCGqcT7XUAAepj-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great video of me getting up close and personal with Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser chiefs. Skip to 5:25 and I'm the one with the blue and white spiky helmet obviously :D Video might only be available to UK members though, I'll try find another link of it somewhere. I'm going to add more pics later this week 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p055vt58/glastonbury-2017-kaiser-chiefs#group=p056kg71

Alternative link:

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 3

I made it! In the van! As did my mate Mike in his Ford Econoline with freshly rebuilt V8. More pics to come...

GZTvRHc.jpg

Edited by TheBoyBry
  • Like 2

I've got loads of pics to upload, don't know if I should add them on here or make an instagram account and just link them.

This is one of my favourites though5952ae523f9c9_WhatsAppImage2017-06-27at12_24_04.thumb.jpeg.326c6c2c7acf509da3ad0db043255c2c.jpeg