Sunday Racing League & SnG (zmurko/Xyon14)

zmurko

I completely forgot to post details of tonight's SRL. Damn Gunrunning DCL, it's all omar's fault!

Today's SRL will be a contact racing PL with a few longer races (around 6) each lasting 10-15mins.

What we'll do is a staggered start PL, which basically means you can pick ANY car from each class and still have a chance to win the race.

How does it work?
- Everyone picks whichever car they want from their available cars (custom)
- Once the job loads, don't start the race after the countdown, but move aside and try to group your cars from slowest to faster
- While you do that, I'll use a staggered start Calculator and enter race details and every car selected
- Then I'll start calling out each car(s) and saying GO. When I call the car you've selected, you can start the race

In theory it means that if everyone would be at the same skill level and track would be similar to Broughy's testing track (calculator uses his testing times), all the cars would come together during final stretches of the race and fight for the win. I'll try to take into account that some players are not on the same pace (slower drivers) and add a couple of seconds to their lap times to level the playing field even further. (If you're written down as faster driver than me in my books, you don't get any special treatment :P )

Slower cars when caught by faster ones can still try to defend their position. Faster cars have to overtake a field of slower cars to win the race, while middle tier cars get to do both. Pick a car that suits you and you think can bring you a victory. Do you consider yourself having a decent pace and can overtake easily, then a faster car is probably what you should pick. If you consider yourself a great defensive driver, then you might go for a slower car and try to get the faster cars catch you as late as possible and then defend your position. Or you just like to race a certain car, but you don't get a chance because it's not competitive, well tonight EVERY car should be competitive to a certain degree.

Few quick notes:

- I'd like to ask you to take your time (and not hit Continue) on car selection screens so everyone has a chance to chose their car
- Be patient while I enter all the race and car details into the calculator
- once we start sending cars on the track, please be quiet and pay attention to when your car is called out
- hopefully we will be able to start sending cars out at around 1min mark on every race

- classes most likely to be used tonight: Sports Classics, Muscle cars, Sports cars, Sedans, Supers

Now hit that RSVP button and join us. :)

Demonstration of staggered starts:

• Like 7

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• Crawford1872

• Con

• DavidCore89

I really like this, a good chance to use cars I like but aren't that competative. I may get  a new car or two just for this.  Are there any restrictions on car choice? e.g. what about a Peyote for sports classics, would that be so slow it messes things up?

• Like 1

Guest zmurko
5 hours ago, djw180 said:

I really like this, a good chance to use cars I like but aren't that competative. I may get  a new car or two just for this.  Are there any restrictions on car choice? e.g. what about a Peyote for sports classics, would that be so slow it messes things up?

No restrictions. No car is too slow. ;)

6 hours ago, djw180 said:

I'm thinking of buying a bullet for this, been wanting an excuse to get one for a while 

5 minutes ago, Mythaga said:

I think the Stange may well make an appearance if theres a sports classics race... ?

There is, although having tested the track I think you'll need about a lap head start in that thing hahaha

• Like 2

Not sure, we ran them all yesterday just so Z could get a rough idea of lap times for job length, guessing the PL would be on his social club, Can't remember the track/class combinations off the top of my head though was too many

Edited by Crawford1872

Back home. I'll make the PL shortly, but it'll be these jobs (which I believe we have all run at least once together in one of the previous PLs):

Downtown Dash, Sedans, 7 laps

Vinewood Racehills, Sports, 4 laps

Legion Circuit, Muscle, 15 laps

Hazel Run, Sports Classics, 6 laps

Rockford Int. Raceway, Sports, 9 laps

The Square Ring, Supers, 7 laps

This should allow you to perhaps preselect the cars you plan to use tonight.

Order of the PL depends on R* mood, hopefully it'll be the same as above.

Sorry for not being online after RSVPing @zmurko. Same old crap sleeping through my alarms :(

I read the comments in the shoutbox though and watched Snack's video, looks like it was fun so looking forward to the next one. I'll have 5 alarms so I won't miss it :P

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

Just a quick survey while I plan details for next SRL.

If anyone even remotely thinking of joining us next Sunday, could please kindly answer these questions for me, I'd really appreciate it. :)

1.  Do you own a Felon? If not, would you be able and willing to buy & upgrade one for the PL?

2. Do you own any of these cars and which ones: Furore GT, Tropos Rallye, Carbonizzare, Bestia GTS?

3. Do you own any of these cars and which ones: Cheetah, Vacca, Reaper, Infernus, Adder?

Thank you!

1. Yep, think a few folk should have one from baccar still hopefully

2. Tropos, carbonizzare, bestia 

3. Cheetah, vacca, infernus 

On 24. 6. 2017 at 2:42 PM, zmurko said:

1.  Do you own a Felon? If not, would you be able and willing to buy & upgrade one for the PL?

2. Do you own any of these cars and which ones: Furore GT, Tropos Rallye, Carbonizzare, Bestia GTS?

3. Do you own any of these cars and which ones: Cheetah, Vacca, Reaper, Infernus, Adder?

Thank you!

I hope I can make the PL.

1. No. But would enjoy buying one for the PL.

2. I own the Tropos.

3. I own cheetah, Vacca, and Adder. Always wanted to buy an Infernus though. 

Results will just help me pick the right settings for the races, I don't plan on forcing anyone to buy anything this time.

There are plenty of options to enable everyone to enjoy the races on the same level playing field, so nothing to worry about.

For example if only a few have a certain car, there's an option for stock cars & non-contact mode, if only a few are missing it, there's an option of turning the race on contact mode (GTA) and spawn it for them, etc ...

Last question is just to see if I can run a (non-contact) race with only those cars available.
Again, if only a couple are missing a car from that selection, we can spawn them, otherwise I can run a staggered start race in Supers class, so those who have them can still race with them.

Etc...

Details for next Sunday are in, it's pizza and gelatto time or in SRL terms:

CORSE ITALIANE

Similar to what we (you) did 3 weeks ago with the German themed racing night, we'll be using cars manufactured by Italian companies only on some Italian (themed) tracks. It'll be a mix of non-contact and contact racing with 1 or 2 staggered start races thrown in as well. So a little bit of tutti-frutti. :D

Classes and cars allowed

Compacts:
Grotti Brioso R/A

Coupes:
Lampadati Felon (or Felon GT)

Sports:
Grotti Bestia GTS
Grotti Carbonizzare
Lampadati Furore GT
Lampadati Tropos Rallyie

Sports Classics:
Lampadati Casco
Lampadati Pigalle
Grotti Stinger & Stinger GT
Grotti Turismo Classic
Pegassi Infernus Classic
Pegassi Monroe
Truffade Z-Type
- and if any of the new sports classics are released next week,
Grotti Cheetah Classic and Pegassi Torrero will also be allowed

Supers:
Grotti Cheetah
Grotti Turismo R
Grotti X80 Proto
Pegassi Infernus
Pegassi Osiris
Pegassi Reaper
Pegassi Tempesta
Pegassi Vacca
Pegassi Zentorno
Truffade Adder
Truffade Nero and Nero custom

As you can tell, Italians specialize in making Supers and Sports (Classics), so it should be a fast one. Which company makes the best cars, Grotti, Lampadati or Pegassi?

You do not need to have a custom car in every class (though it's recommended and you'll thank me when you buy one ;) ).
In case we have players without a (competitive) custom car in any of the planned races, we'll make sure race settings will allow everyone to use a suitable (and competitive) car.
However I do recommend buying at least the Brioso and one of the sports cars.
I also hope that everyone has at least one of the Italian super cars, if not go get one! :D

I'll have 8 tracks picked in few days, so anyone can get familiar with them if they want to.

Ci vediamo presto! :)

• Like 3

I've been reminded that Truffade or Bugatti IRL is actually a french company? Why have I been living under an impression that Bugatti is an Italian company?

So no Z-Type, Adders or Neros.

@Mythaga What do you race with in Compacts class then? :blink: And not a single Italian super car?! That's just wrong!

3 minutes ago, zmurko said:

I've been reminded that Truffade or Bugatti IRL is actually a french company? Why have I been living under an impression that Bugatti is an Italian company?

So no Z-Type, Adders or Neros.

@Mythaga What do you race with in Compacts class then? :blink: And not a single Italian super car?! That's just wrong!

If you are going to get technical Bugatti is German as it is owned by VW I believe...

Always use the Rapsody in compacts as I have an irrational hatred of Fiat 500s lol

Not a huge supercar fan so only own a couple. Its ironic really as I sold what supercars I had to fund the purchase of 2 RE7B's one for each character as it was the fastest when it came out. Its now shite due to the nerfs.... cheers C* ?