Sunday Racing League & SnG (zmurko/Xyon14)

zmurko

Event Title: Sunday Racing League & SnG (zmurko/Xyon14)
Event Author: zmurko
Calendar: Public Events Calendar

Event Host: zmurko
Game: GTA Online
Event Start Date: 26th March 2017
Event Start Time: Sunday, 7:00pm GMT/UTC
(Sunday, 9:00pm CET / Sunday, 3:00pm EDT / Sunday, 8:00pm BDT / Monday, 5:00am AEST)
Reoccurring: Bi-weekly

Sunday Racing League [PS4]

aNgDSAO.jpg

Join your host zmurko every other Sunday at 7 PM GMT for a racing themed PL/event. Sunday is a racing day again, so put on your racing suites, tune up your cars and watch this space for details. Event is open to public, depending on the type of racing planned. If there will be rules to follow or contact involved, then participants need to be aware of this and respect/follow the rules and race clean; it is a responsibility of those who invite non-crew members to make sure this happens.

This event shares a calendar spot with Xyon's Shitz and Gigglez Sundays, so check the calendar and countdown timers to see which one is taking place on each Sunday. Both playlists are now bi-weekly events.

Sunday Racing League & SnG (zmurko/Xyon14)
  • Like 3

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• Crawford1872

• Con

• DavidCore89

SRL SCHEDULE AND EVENT DETAILS:

- 26th of March - 24h Endurance race (details in this post)

- 9th of April - New generation of crew tracks (NC, any car) (details in this post)

- 23rd of April - Small ovals relay racing (C, one-make) (details in this post)

- 7th of May - Non-crew racing tracks (NC, custom Comet Retro) (details in this post)

- 21st of May - 24h Endurance race (C, Sports Classics) (details in this post)

- 4th of June - Deutches Rennen (C, german cars, Squirrel) (details in this post)

- 18th of June - Staggered starts racing (C, ANY car)

- 2nd of July - Corse Italiane (NC&C, italian cars)

- 16th of July - 24h Endurance race (C)

- future events will include one-make non-contact PLs, mini reverse grid contact championships, other racing championships may be hosted at this time (such as BACCAR, F1, RoC, ...), regular mixed non-contact PLs and more ... (details to follow soon)

• Like 1

That's right, Sunday Racing League is back baby!!! :D

Xyon was kind enough to offer shared hosting duties on Sundays and I'm proud to announce that this very Sunday you will see the return of SRL, which is back from dark depths of forgotten PS3 playlists, all new, refreshed and in beautiful crisp PS4 HD resolution. Watch this space for details.

In the future, please check the calendar and countdown timers to see which one is taking place on each Sunday.

• Like 2

Alright, for the return of SRL, we are bringing back one-make 24h endurance race, but improved on new beautiful PS4 track and with added features before and after the race.

First, let me just ease you, as you don't really need to buy the car required for the event, unless you want to. One will be provided for you, if you can't afford one (as will be the case in almost every SRL needing a special car). However, it's a really cheap one this week, you can steal it off the streets of LS and make it race ready with all performance upgrades for around $50k.

26th of March SRL - 24h ENDURANCE RACE

You might have already heard and some may have already raced on it, but wonderful people of Grapeseed have raised $150mil (zucchinis sold really well last year) and built a permanent racing circuit up in the mountains near Braddock pass. It's a twisty little circuit hugging mountain slopes, hanging over steep cliffs and crossing the valley below, so big and fast cars don't really feel comfortable there. However, it's a perfect track for small FWD cars like a beautiful Blista.

Track: Braddock Pass Circuit by zmurko

Car: custom Dinka Blista

Rezultat iskanja slik za dinka blista

We will start off with a short qualifying session to sort out the grid for the race, then take part in a 24h race (48 real life minutes) and have a special feature after the race. All together will take around an hour, as will be the case in future SRL events for the most part.

Qualifying session:

3 laps (GTA mode, NO WEAPONS!)
After the countdown timer, we will all move into the pits and then go out on the track in 15-20 second intervals (I'll call out the names). If someone doesn't have their own custom Blista, one will be provided for you at this point. After the 2nd lap (which should be your fastest) you then continue with the 3rd lap, but instead of completing it, you drive into the pits again and wait until everyone is back in the pits. This way, we all finish the race and have a fast fyling lap completed (with a valid time). We then all drive to the final CP. If everyone does bring their own Blistas, we can just simply run qualifying as a 2 lap non-contact race.

Race:

xx laps (GTA mode, NO WEAPONS!), should last around 48mins
After the countdown timer, everyone should move as back as possible and we will arrange the starting grid according to qualifying lap times (I'll call out the names and show where to position your car). If someone doesn't have their own custom Blista, one will be provided for you at this point. Sticky bombs will be placed and then detonated at a called time for the start of the race.
- You are required to take 2 pitstops (just drive through the pitlane) during the race whenever you like.
- If you really need to respawn, please do it by driving into the pitlane and respawning there, unless you fall off the track and can't get back on (though you should really be dead in this case and unable to continue :P )
- Follow crew racing etiquette by racing clean and respectful please.

After the race:

There will be a little surprise 3rd job in the PL for some authentic racing event feel. :)

Now all I need is for you to RSVP and show up on Sunday at 7 PM GMT (remember we move clocks this weekend). I hope to see many of you on Sunday, btw, paddock girls may or may not be at the race. :D

• Like 4

It was a good opening for the return of SRL. Thanks to everyone who has  joined, including 2 VANS players.

Congratulations to Ally and Fido for 1st and 2nd place. Or is that 2nd and 1st, I still don't know.

Next week is Xyon's turn to host her Shitz and Gigglez PL at the same time (7 PM GMT) and I'll see you all on the starting grid again in 2 weeks.

Watch this space for details of the next SRL.

Entire event from my PoV:
* just noticed that my race lasted exactly 48mins. :) 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Matty said:

You on ps4 now z?  If you are talking a regular non contact anti stunt race playlist, i will quite possibly treat myself to ps+ again. I miss vanilla racing and hate the vote screen because it always ends up on stunt races again.  There isn't much that holds my attention in GTA these days but racing will always peak my interest. 

Please do and join us on the next SRL! :)

There will be non-contact racing as well, I will either try to keep it 50/50 or have contact racing events where you really don't mind it or it's a non-issue (cannonballs, rocs, ...).

We will be covering various racing forms, from track racing, city racing, one-make racing, rallies, rally raids, motocross, rallycross, endurance racing, oval racing, go-kart, ... while trying out all sorts of features like flying starts, staggered starts, reverse grids, pit stops, joker laps, qualifiying, multiclass racing, team racing, ... and all that with a mix of cars/classes and eras of racing, so there should be something different every time and hopefully interesting and fun.

• Like 4

This Sunday we will be running a pretty standard non-contact PL consisting of new generation crew only tracks ("fictional"), racing in various classes with any custom car.

So all you need is make sure you have a custom car in the more popular classes (Compacts, Coupes, Muscles, Sports Classics, Sports, Supers).

There will be 6-8 tracks of which all of them are pretty much more recent creations, just to showcase them and to inspire any potential new creators.

PL will be open to public as well, so after we get everyone in, hopefully with some VANS joining us too, @Mythaga?, @JuniorChubb?, in that case I'll make sure to include one of their tracks as well, I'll open matchmaking and hit the auto-invite and give it 3-5mins. Any annoying randoms (squeekers, loud music over mic, etc) will be kicked, so you don't have to worry about that. Perhaps we can find some new recruits this way too.

See you all on Sunday. Don't forget to wear your best racing outfits and make sure your cars are all tuned up and ready to race.

I've also updated the schedule in the first post with the upcoming SRL events. More details to follow soon.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who joined the PL last night, I hope you have enjoyed (most) of the tracks. There was also some fine driving displayed last night by several participants and we saw few different winners, which is always good.

Also I'd like to apologize for two things.

First, for not kicking the annoying kid, unfortunately I think he was on-call and only went crazy after the timer ran out and when he actually joined the lobby, so there was nothing I could do anymore at that point. I'll have to rethink letting randoms join this way for future PLs. Believe me, I was as annoyed as anyone else, somehow made it through the 1st job and was able to mute him after that (unfortunately there's no kick option after the 1st job in the PL anymore).

Second, for running over the promised time and delaying the BACCAR race (mostly to @Fido_le_muet and @Squirrel who were not in the PL and to @starmonkeykiller for putting him in an unpleasant position as a host of the BACCAR race). I guess I underestimated the time that is wasted on loading screens, results screen and other cloud simulation interruptions on PS4. I could almost always finish the PL in 1h (+/- 5mins) on PS3 when the PL had a 42-45mins of actual racing planned (I always test the length of each track beforehand and plan the number of laps accordingly). I'll see if I can adjust accordingly in future PLs.

Next Sunday Racing League is on 23rd of April, when we will try out some relay racing. On top of that, the event will be held mostly on micro/mini ovals and in stock Muscle cars.

Event will be in contact mode (team GTA mode), using a different stock muscle car on every track. We will have fixed teams of 2 and using few different ways of switching drivers. More details to follow in the days before the actual event. Event will be closed for crew and invites (VANS, ...) only.

Next week it's @Xyon14's turn again to host her Shitz and Gigglez Sundays PL. See you all in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This upcoming Sunday it's time for another installment of SRL.

As mentioned in previous post, we will have a go at RELAY RACING.

Tracks will mostly be mini/micro ovals, so it wont be so much depending on the driving, but more on the relay exchanges. However I will include one or two other types of tracks to make it more variable.

All participants will be divided into teams of 2. If there's an odd number of participants, I'll be the pitmaster / race commisioner and won't be racing. Feel free to pick your own teams beforehand, others will be put into teams of two randomly. You can even coordinate your colours/outfits, ...

Races will be set to Team GTA mode so that we can even do this kind of racing. I believe you will have an option to select your teammate on each race lobby screen, you should do this and pick your designated partner.

There will be 3 types of relay exchanges:
- both drivers in the car at all times, then switching seats in the pitlane
- one driver in the car, the other waiting in the pitlane, then switching places in the pitlane
- both drivers in separate cars, one racing on the track, the other waiting in the pitlane, the exchange will be made by taging your partner in the pitlane (slight crash in the rear will do)

There will be a total of 7 tracks in the PL, 2 for each type of exchange and one at the end for a team banger race.

Some rules to follow:
- no weapons of any kind are to be used! (except for the race commisioner, who can use the flare gun and/or sticky bombs when needed)
- listen to the host
- all starts will be standing starts, triggered by a sticky bomb, so nobody should start racing on the GO, as we will need to have some players spawn their own cars or walk to the pitlane first
- clean racing is expected, except for the last job, where everything goes (banger racing)
- 3 exchanges per race need to be made and both team mates need to complete half of the race as drivers (+/- 1 lap in case you lose count or make a mistake)

PL will be open to friends (closed for randoms), however they will need to familiarize themselves with the rules first.

There's only 1 final matter to be decided. Stock muscle cars, or can we go with a selected few custom muscle cars?

That would mean some will most likely have to buy a car (and upgrade it). However, at least 2 viable cars are free now (BurgerShot Stallion and Redwood Gauntlet), so this shouldn't really be a problem. You can enter with other custom muscle cars, but they do need to be approved by me first (no Blades, no Ruiners, no Dominators or Sabre Turbos of any kind). I think just one from each team actually needs a car anyway and we can even spawn them for anyone without a suitable car.

See you all on Sunday and don't forget to RSVP!

• Like 2

We'll be using the stock Redwood Gauntlet or BurgerShot Stallion, your choice. Just make sure you don't hit continue on car selection screen, so everyone has a chance to scroll to them and pick their team colour as well. Both cars are available on all tracks. It's a simple muscle car to drive, so hopefully there shouldnt really be any issues with contact racing either.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone that joined the relay PL today. It was definitely something different and fresh, quite fun for me. I'm glad all 3 types of relay exchanges worked as planned and thank you for cooperating and being patient with me! :)

We will definitely be doing something similar in the future, as I've learned quite a lot from today and can now start planning something similar, yet hopefully even more interesting.

Next SRL is in 2 weeks, which is just one week before @Squirrel's Comet Supercup kicks off, so we'll be doing a non-contact PL and using our custom Comet Retro Customs, to get used to the cars. I'll have some non-crew tracks ready and I'll include some from the Supercup series as well.

Next week it's @Xyon14's turn to host her S'n'G PL. See you all in 2 weeks!

• Like 4

Don't forget to buy a Comet Retro and upgrade it if you still haven't got one. You still have just over 2 days to do so.

This Sunday is an all Comet Retro PL. It'll be non-contact, so it's just you, the track and the car you need to worry about and hopefully by the end of the PL, we'll all be expert Comet Retro drivers and ready for the upcoming championship.

Make sure to RSVP, as I'll use that as an indication you do have a custom Comet Retro Custom. Otherwise you will not get invited to the PL.
You can still RSVP and join even if you don't have one (or can't afford one), but you'll have to use a stock one in this case.

• Like 2

Thanks for coming tonight everyone. Good sized lobby, which always cheers me up and some good racing as well. :)
Nice prospects for the upcoming championship too, I can feel the fever rising before the start of it already. Looking forward to tomorrows PL too.

If anyone needs any job links from tonight, here's the PL (gonna stay the same for a while, at least until the next SRL PL):

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/qNf0XEDTAkaS5HCzn5KC3Q

Pre PL lobby:

Pacific Bluffs

Pacific Bluffs

Pacific Bluffs

I'm sure @Con, crew's official paparazzi will have a few more to share. ;)

Next SRL is in 2 weeks on 21st of May and it'll be an endurance race. As usual, short non-contact qualifying race, then a 48mins long race with pitstops. I haven't decided on the track and the car yet, but I'll let you know soon enough. Watch this space for details.

Next week it's Xyon's turn again to host her Shits and Gigglez PL.

• Like 5

Sunday Racing League 5/7 PL - Lobby Meet-Up:

@Beez @no_snacks @zmurko @XuTek6651 @omarcomin71 @LimeGreenLegend @starmonkeykiller

@Potato @Squirrel @Crawford1872 @TheBoyBry @djw180 @ThatJuanDude @Clydicality 

3sTlMHb.jpg

Met at the Pipeline Inn in Custom Retro Comets. Driven by this location a thousand times, never really had paid attention to the Pipeline Inn. 

h4HiVXC.jpg

UMvoDSv.jpg

l8k4Wni.jpg

CnaXPyl.jpg

fxy1eiA.jpg

OQe9S46.jpg

W08HNN5.jpg

pyYr2pR.jpg

k4DKtdo.jpg

dqaBG59.jpg

byqgV6H.jpg

9YxMQak.jpg

LMO8PLz.jpg

u2md8AY.jpg

In case you like to keep count, here are the livery breakdowns at the meet-up:

Auto Exotic (3), Meinmacht (2), Globe Oil (2), Retro Racer (2), No livery (2)

Tenshun, Wiwang, 80's Gamer, Xero Gas (1)

Fruit Performance (0)

Viddi:

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 6

Good fun yesterday Z, thanks for hosting. I wish I was faster but at least I am consistent. I finished every race, never had a crash so bad that I had to respawn and was around 10th-11th for most with a few down around 14th place. @XuTek6651 is definitely the star of Team Auto Exotic, great job dude!

If anyone's curious, this is the real life location for the meet-up, Gladstones in Malibu.

1200px-Gladstones_Malibu.jpg

r5P30U7FjkyoL6bmYPQNFg_0_0.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

21st of May - 24h ENDURANCE RACE

We're going with a little classic glamour this Sunday.

Rezultat iskanja slik za classic car race le mans

TRACK:
Vinewood Racehills by R-U-W

CAR/CLASS:
ANY Sports Classic

Qualifying:

1 lap non-contact race
After the countdown timer, everyone drives inside my car and we will start on the time that I'll call
(sticky bomb for those with no headphones will also be placed and detonated at the same time).
Everyone completes the race and finishing positions will determine your place on the grid.

Starting grid:

We will do the Le Mans start (see photo above). Cars will be parked in order of the qualifying diagonally on the start/finish straight with enough space between them to allow easy entry and as clean as possible start. Everyone will get out of the car and wait across the track (behind a barrier). When the sticky bomb goes off, you can jump the fence, run across the track to your car, get in and drive off.
Be careful not to run anyone over and avoid crashing into each other. Cars in front of you on the starting grid (on your right) have the right of way.

Race:

16 laps in GTA mode (NO WEAPONS), lasting as close to 48mins (24h in game) as possible with 2 mandatory pit stops (drive through).
In case we have enough participants and enough slower Sports Classics registered, we will run a multiclass race with GT1 and GT2 class (possibly even GT3 for weirdos in Mananas/Peyotes/Roosvelts...).

Please state which car would you use in case we run this as a multiclass race.

See you all on Sunday!

• Like 3

Sunday Racing League - Sports Classics - 5/21 

@starmonkeykiller @zmurko @no_snacks @TheBoyBry @DavidCore89 @Fido_le_muet @Mythaga

@Potato @Crawford1872 @djw180 @JuniorChubb @Realjaysee @Trashbags1583070460 @Tremonius @Paulie 

XvUGePx.jpg

Wf5rzWe.jpg

Wjld7xG.jpg

YvzBUNP.jpg

3cIFvZQ.jpg

XzApqsQ.jpg

EzSg1kA.jpg

MDYGpbh.jpg

pzrLuSA.jpg

Lobby Meet-up: 

Pole Position Qualifying:

Le Mans Racing Start Prep:

Race Full Stream:

Edited by ConGamePro
  • Like 5

Thanks for joining tonight everyone! Nice turnout.

Congratulations to @Fido_le_muet and @DavidCore89 for top two places and a great battle in the final lap. This is what we all live for when racing in GTA I think. Also congratulations to trashbags for winning the impromptu GT2 class and to @starmonkeykiller for not falling asleep while cruising around in a Tornado. :D

Perhaps it took a little longer than expected, but we were waiting for few people longer than really needed. Guess it's expected when we have players joining from different crews and using different lines of communication. We also had a little missunderstaning with bootytrap, who shouldnt really have started from pole position in GT1, sorry about that. Luckily it turned out OK at the end. Otherwise it went relatively smoothly eventhough we kind of improvised with the cars and classes. Next time I might open it to all cars in the class again, but do some testing beforehand and perhaps have bigger gaps at the start between  every car.

Me personally, I had a good race overall, happy with my pace, but crashing into a pole right at the start and a massive crash on 3rd lap, when it was the last time I've seen DC and Fido up close, perhaps cost me an even better position (not that I would be able to hold DC or Fido behind me had they caught up with me :lol: ).

See you all in 2 weeks, when we will most likely do a country themed event/PL, with cars, tracks, outfits, ... from either Germany, Italy, USA, Japan or UK, I need to go over the classes first and see what's available. It'll most likely be a mix of custom and stock cars too.

Next week Xyon wont be available to host her SnG, so I'll most likely cover that as well and we can do a motorcycle endurance race, kind of emulating Isle of Man TT. More details to follow soon.

Here are the results of qualifying and final race results. I'll also add the video of the race from my PoV when it's ready.

DAYr-gCXoAIy3HQ.jpg:large

DAYsH08XkAIpXxr.jpg:large

• Like 2

Just a bit of a heads up, so you have enough time to prepare yourself. In 2 weeks time we'll be doing a German themed event, which also means you'll only be allowed to use cars from German car manufacturers (Benefactor, Obey, Ubermacht, Pfister).

You'll need a custom German car in the following classes:

- Compacts (Panto)

- Sedans (any Schafter or a Tailgater, Glendale can be used too if you're mad enough)

- Coupes (Zions or Sentinels or Oracles)

- Sports (there's a number of good sports cars you can use: 9F, Comet, Comet Retro, Feltzer, Omnis, Schafter V12, Schwartzer or Surano)

I think almost all of you already own what's needed, if you don't, you really should. ;)

What you probably don't have is a custom German SUV, either a Benefactor Dubsta, Obey Rocoto, Benefactor Serrano or a Benefactor XLS (not armoured). Serrano and Dubsta can be stolen off the street, Rocoto is cheap at 85k, XLS is a bit expensive though at 253K, so pick what you can afford, they should be on similar pace anyway.

We will also use a stock 811, so you don't need that.

You will also need some German themed clothing for the pre-PL lobby and a case of beer.

Wir sehen uns in zwei Wochen! :D

P.S. An Italian, American, Japanese and British themed events will follow in the coming months.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, zmurko said:

Just a bit of a heads up, so you have enough time to prepare yourself. In 2 weeks time we'll be doing a German themed event, which also means you'll only be allowed to use cars from German car manufacturers (Benefactor, Obey, Ubermacht, Pfister).

You'll need a custom German car in the following classes:

- Compacts (Panto)

- Sedans (any Schafter or a Tailgater, Glendale can be used too if you're mad enough)

- Coupes (Zions or Sentinels or Oracles)

- Sports (there's a number of good sports cars you can use: 9F, Comet, Comet Retro, Feltzer, Omnis, Schafter V12, Schwartzer or Surano)

I think almost all of you already own what's needed, if you don't, you really should. ;)

What you probably don't have is a custom German SUV, either a Benefactor Dubsta, Obey Rocoto, Benefactor Serrano or a Benefactor XLS (not armoured). Serrano and Dubsta can be stolen off the street, Rocoto is cheap at 85k, XLS is a bit expensive though at 253K, so pick what you can afford, they should be on similar pace anyway.

We will also use a stock 811, so you don't need that.

You will also need some German themed clothing for the pre-PL lobby and a case of beer.

Wir sehen uns in zwei Wochen! :D

P.S. An Italian, American, Japanese and British themed events will follow in the coming months.

Soon as I saw this I got excited at the prospect of using my armoured xls god damn lol

• Like 2