Can't load/save jobs in the creator workaround

zmurko

I've looked around a little, visited the GCCC forums and looked at few videos.

Apparently, the new bug that puts you in a loop if you try to load or save a race in the creator is something that's been done on purpose by R* to prevent anyone from accesing the special vehicles content in the creator, but instead of just "blocking" that, they caused EVERY DLC vehicle to cause the problem.

What I learned is that if you have any of the DLC vehicles (ANY, even a Turismo for example) selected as default vehicle, it wont let you save or load the job. This should be fixed with the release/unlock of the new content that's already in the game, but still not accesible (new special vehicle races in creator, etc...).

One way to workaround this problem is to make sure none of the DLC vehicles are selected as default vehicles in races you create and save/publish and you should be fine. Unfortunately that means that any tracks already published/saved that do have a DLC car as a default vehicle can't be accessed until this is fixed.

I'm gonna test this later myself as well, just to see if it's 100% true. If it really is, we can at least create new tracks or update any that are fine.

• Like 1

You mean Rockstar have made a quick ugly fix instead of doing a proper job? I can't believe it, I have always had faith in their programming and to think they would take a shortcut like this is shocking.

• Like 2

It doesn't surprise me at all that R* done a shit fix. There's no money to be made from the creator.

It sucks not being able to edit jobs with DLC vehicles, since I'm pretty sure every race I've made uses DLC as default. Will just have to wait, and hopefully the inconvenience is worth it.

Great to know we can create new jobs still though, so thanks for letting us know @zmurko :)

Uhmm, if I had known this, I wouldn't have spent an hour looking for the workaround, but it looks like the bug is completely gone.

I was able to load, edit and save a previously problematic job (that caused the creator to hang) with a DLC vehicle selected as default.

Well, looks like they fixed the problem altogether. Awesome news! :D

• Like 2