VANS Chat

VANS Official

I don't think she'll be all that happy travelling to Newcastle to collect something to drop off at mine so that I can send it back to Essex.

If I can acquire one it's Newcastle area related, but actually applies to Bing. It's cool as hell if I can get one, at least you and Mama Bing will think so. I am sure Bing will just teenage shrug and be all dismissive. 

Edited by doubleg213

Well I've just got back from quoting a big job to see me through the next month, the look on his face when I said 1500 quid was priceless.

I'm also proper intrigued as to what is being sourced for bing.

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

6 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

@CatManDozapriceless as in cheap or expensive?

Expensive for him, cheap for me. If you want a job done properly, you've got to pay the monies 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody wanna come and do this on Sunday evening with the XDBX guys?  Zmurko has managed to set it up so we can race Sports against Sports classics etc.  We did a test of it the other day and it was really cool racing a regular Comet against a Turismo Classic.  He's put a lot of effort into the testing and organisation of it and I think it'd be right up our street.  @mulder and I have already signed up.  Anyone else fancy it?  @JuniorChubb @Paulie@doubleg213 @Mark Verstappen @badingaaa @Warriors-Ten @Aslad anyone else?

• Like 3

@SkyeDaveI'm always already watching and or racing on Brough's stream at 9 UK time. If it was a weekday evening beside Monday I'd have loved to join but mostly weekend evenings are a no-go for me. 😕

I may be able to join later at 10, but that is only for an hour an probably less.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Anybody wanna come and do this on Sunday evening with the XDBX guys?  Zmurko has managed to set it up so we can race Sports against Sports classics etc.  We did a test of it the other day and it was really cool racing a regular Comet against a Turismo Classic.  He's put a lot of effort into the testing and organisation of it and I think it'd be right up our street.  @mulder and I have already signed up.  Anyone else fancy it?  @JuniorChubb @Paulie@doubleg213 @Mark Verstappen @badingaaa @Warriors-Ten @Aslad anyone else?

I'd be up for that, been a while since I played any gta, but unfortunately  still struggling to afford ps+ which is annoying as need for speed is the plus game for October.

• Like 1

One happy catman tonight, first job I've priced myself and I've got it. That with all the other little jobsbive got look like working 7 days a week till xmas, but lifes finally looking half decent for a changei

• Like 4

On 11/1/2020 at 8:24 AM, CatManDoza said:

imagine if we didn't have these things to do!!!

on a side note, I was on holiday last week and just before we left the caravan, homes under the hammer was on. Seemed to be in you locality, but apparently, possibly seeing someone you play video games with on TV isn't a valid reason to stay inside!!!

Unfortunately for you, that was indeed an episode I was on. However, fortunately for you all (to have something to look forward to during these bleak times), I feature on the episode next Tuesday. I can’t recall whether I used it in this particular piece of filming, but it is possible that @Challenger001’s favourite quote may make an appearance (if they use it!)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Warriors-Ten said:

Unfortunately for you, that was indeed an episode I was on. However, fortunately for you all (to have something to look forward to during these bleak times), I feature on the episode next Tuesday. I can’t recall whether I used it in this particular piece of filming, but it is possible that @Challenger001’s favourite quote may make an appearance (if they use it!)

I f*cking knew it! Knew it! Stupid mother in law wanting to go out on time!

It's on iplayer. I'll have that on while knocking one off, I mean sorting my scrap later 

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Good luck with the self employment Catman, people think it's all rosey doing it and it can be but mostly it's bloody hard work and can be really heavy going.

However, it is about 1 million percent better than working for someone else. 

My top tips to start with, always save some of your profit margin from every job, make sure you also hold back what you might end up paying in tax for that job otherwise you end up in arrears at the end of the year and basically start chasing to pay back what you owed.

And do your accounts updates immediately as well. Loads of people find SA deadline really traumatic. But that's only if you're not prepared. Far easier to do 10 minutes each day and then it's just a quick scan over stuff to make sure it's right before you submit and not a mad panic. 

I find a nice spreadsheet helps immensely. Plus it's cheaper than an accountant!

• Like 2

I find the cheapest and most organised way of dealing with taxes and bookkeeping etc, is to have a sister who's an accountant and doing it all for me!

Good advice though G, I know its gonna be a hard slog, but hopefully it will all be worth it

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Expensive for him, cheap for me. If you want a job done properly, you've got to pay the monies 

SOOOO true - I've got about 30 messages in various inboxes about people wanting car photoshoots, then when I send over the price list they either never respond or come up with some excuse. Drives me nuts lol

(I actually offer them quite cheap compared to a lot of photographers given the amount of work going into them)

Even had one guy who told me he was on his way to where we were meeting for a shoot, and then blocked me when I told him I'd arrived. He never showed, so I just did the shoot for myself lol

Edited by Aslad

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

11 minutes ago, Aslad said:

SOOOO true - I've got about 30 messages in various inboxes about people wanting car photoshoots, then when I send over the price list they either never respond or come up with some excuse. Drives me nuts lol

(I actually offer them quite cheap compared to a lot of photographers given the amount of work going into them)

Even had one guy who told me he was on his way to where we were meeting for a shoot, and then blocked me when I told him I'd arrived. He never showed, so I just did the shoot for myself lol

This is what I rely on to put people off asking for haircuts at home. If someone doesn’t get the hint and they keep asking I tell them it’s £40 for a cut. They either stop asking or I get a decent amount of money for an easy job.

• Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Thankfully I got the job, just gotta make sure i get the materials in before any suppliers close up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Thankfully I got the job, just gotta make sure i get the materials in before any suppliers close up.

Supermarket Sweep Shopping GIF by Tesco

2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

This is what I rely on to put people off asking for haircuts at home. If someone doesn’t get the hint and they keep asking I tell them it’s £40 for a cut. They either stop asking or I get a decent amount of money for an easy job.

That's what I always used to do with cabling jobs. I hated doing it so would always quote absolutely mental prices, at least meant if I ended up doing it I would end up with a couple of months income for a couple of days work. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

That's what I always used to do with cabling jobs. I hated doing it so would always quote absolutely mental prices, at least meant if I ended up doing it I would end up with a couple of months income for a couple of days work. 

Exactly what I intend to do for wallpapering jobs

5 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

@CatManDoza Can your sister also be my accountant?

She can but I heard she charges double for scotsman

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

She can but I heard she charges double for scotsman

Must bite lip and not reply to this...