VANS Chat

VANS Official

1 minute ago, Aslad said:

Was this after I left? Can I ask what happened? PM if too much for this thread.

That aside, even though I was late and then basically lost every race (as usual lmao) I very much enjoyed the evening, cheers dave 😄 

Was good to have you along again salad. Good to hear about your car photoshoots thing too

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

11 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

Well not been online much and bar the new cars update the other week I've not been on here or able to game much.

Enjoyable nights racing and it was pretty fun to be on.

However, it ended pretty badly once everything was all done and dusted. if you want to throw about racist insults, then you aren't doing it in our crew.

You are not welcome to anything we run in the future, I am not having that tolerated in our crew.

There is no warning, no second chance. It's simply unacceptable. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  I'm not actually 100%who it was who said it but they're certainly not welcome at any more nights I'm hosting.  To say something like that in any circumstances is out of order but  in a room full of people where you don't know who they are, where they're from or who they might be sitting in a room with, is particularly mind bending.  I mean f*cking hell, I'd just said I was working on a Bollywood film, like seconds beforehand.  Whoever it was can f*ck off.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, CatManDoza said:

Was good to have you along again salad. Good to hear about your car photoshoots thing too

Yeah, it's looking really promising as I've been approached by a couple of local car groups looking for shoots and features etc so it could turn into quite a nifty little side job 😄 fingers crossed!

• Like 2

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

2 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  I'm not actually 100%who it was who said it but they're certainly not welcome at any more nights I'm hosting.  To say something like that in any circumstances is out of order but  in a room full of people where you don't know who they are, where they're from or who they might be sitting in a room with, is particularly mind bending.  I mean f*cking hell, I'd just said I was working on a Bollywood film, like seconds beforehand.  Whoever it was can f*ck off.

Yeah thirded, unneeded, unnecessary, unwanted. 

Also, is it technically a bollywood film if its filmed in bonny Scotland? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

bonnywood?

• Haha 3

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

16 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Yeah, technically, the whole production company, cast and most of the crew are over from India.  They're not filming the whole thing here just about 8 weeks worth of it.  They've taken on some local crew which is pretty standard for most international productions so that there's a bit of local knowledge. 

1 minute ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah, technically, the whole production company, cast and most of the crew are over from India.  They're not filming the whole thing here just about 8 weeks worth of it.  They've taken on some local crew which is pretty standard for most international productions so that there's a bit of local knowledge. 

I want to see this film now, just to see where Scotland ties into the story

I've spoken to Nekazawa about his remarks tonight and he'd since realised that it was a terrible reference to make.  We agreed without protest that it was best if he didn't join us on Wednesdays anymore.  He apologises to everyone, understands our zero tolerance and once he realised he'd messed up he saw no reason to try and convince us otherwise.  I believe that's case closed and we can move on.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

I want to see this film now, just to see where Scotland ties into the story

Highlander the Musical?

Also @SkyeDave, we’ll played sir, impeccable host and sorted out the mess too.

Thanks for clearing it up so quickly.

• Like 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

35 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Thanks for clearing it up so quickly.

Like a well prepared hooker. 

Also today is a sucky day. Kids uniform day!! 

Edited by CatManDoza

36 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Like a well prepared hooker. 

Also today is a sucky day. Kids uniform day!! 

Yup, since when were school shoes £60?

WTF! Primark plimsolls would have been ok wouldn’t they?

13 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Yup, since when were school shoes £60?

WTF! Primark plimsolls would have been ok wouldn’t they?

What annoys me is now Jack's at high school, his blazer, PE top, PE jumper and tie need to have the school logo on. That was £75 on its own, before shoes, trousers, shirts, bag etc etc

7 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

What annoys me is now Jack's at high school, his blazer, PE top, PE jumper and tie need to have the school logo on. That was £75 on its own, before shoes, trousers, shirts, bag etc etc

I can top that - my first year of secondary school they began a trial that involved all of us being made to buy iPod Touches for "educational purposes" that we ended up using maybe twice in the entirety of school 😂

• Haha 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

10 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

It’s a rip off, I swear all the local shops price fix too.

So glad to be finally escaping it this year.

5 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

It’s a rip off, I swear all the local shops price fix too.

So glad to be finally escaping it this year.

Yeah strangely enough said branded items are only avaliable from 2 shops in the local area. 

12 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Yeah strangely enough said branded items are only avaliable from 2 shops in the local area. 

Yup, it’s all illegal sh*t that they pull. 

The schools don’t help either, pummelling average income parents with extortionately priced uniform that is inescapable as it is branded.

Then they will pull the ‘we can provide used uniform if it’s too expensive for you’ and claim they do their best to combat bullying. Yeah second hand uniform really helps create an equal playing field and combat bullying.

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Highlander the Musical?

Did I read Highlander? 😎

Lols well I'll pass since my role of acting in Hyperdrive was already pretty poor 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Yup, it’s all illegal sh*t that they pull. 

The schools don’t help either, pummelling average income parents with extortionately priced uniform that is inescapable as it is branded.

Then they will pull the ‘we can provide used uniform if it’s too expensive for you’ and claim they do their best to combat bullying. Yeah second hand uniform really helps create an equal playing field and combat bullying.

That's the problem, jacks had to have a few cheaper things, because I'm struggling at the moment, but all I can think of is what if he gets bullied for having sh*t stuff, cuz unfortunatly it happens

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Did I read Highlander? 😎

Lols well I'll pass since my role of acting in Hyperdrive was already pretty poor 😂

It doesn’t matter that his performance was poor... he had possibly the greatest introduction in the history of TV!

You’re bringing a tear to my eye reminding me of the hype that was the Highlander!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

It doesn’t matter that his performance was poor... he had possibly the greatest introduction in the history of TV!

You’re bringing a tear to my eye reminding me of the hype that was the Highlander!

And your words bring a little tear to my eye mate 😊 and indeed so true while the performance was poor I'll never forget that great night/event. 😃🙌

• Thanks 1

Well ladies and gents... I am now a PC gamer. 

Just need some games.

confused wile e coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Well ladies and gents... I am now a PC gamer. 

Just need some games.

confused wile e coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

evening gents hitman is free on epic games at the min and very glad to hear ur up and running

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

every week ther r 2 free games not always good games but free non the less

Ahhh good shout trashy. Forgot to add it to my library