VANS Chat

VANS Official

@CatManDoza

I5-3570k cpu@3.40ghz

10gb ram

Gts750ti graphics catd running 3 moniters no problem 

500gb ssd as main hdd

Not sure on motherboard got a few more hdd"s too runs gta 60fps no prob fortnite the same forza caps itself at 30 fps and that looks bloody mental 

Its so addictive and complicated with intel and amd what works with what knowing what stuff can do and what can work with what 

Made a mistake of adding too much  ram to a motherboard had to wipe pc was not impressed that day but its all a learning thing 

• Like 1

@CatManDoza that's Snowrunner downloading for me 😉

Went for the premium edition, hoping it was worth it 😂 

Anyone else interested? You can play up to 4 player co-op 🙂

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

21 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

yeah I thought about G, but he will probs just laugh at my current spec and call me a bell end

You don't need a huge spec to run GTA and/or 5M well. 

My old PC wasn't all that high end and ran it fine, albeit without running at ultra high quality, all of the original Time Trials video and poster in year 1 and 2 of time trials came from that machine though.

Spec of my current machine is way beyond what you need, unless you want ultra high quality.

I'd have to check my old machine (which now lives at the farm as a business PC) but it was only an i3 dual core with a 750Ti OC graphics card and it ran fine enough for NoDo events with 30 people in a lobby without any slow down.

My current spec is i9-9900k 16 threads running at 4.7GHz boost, 64gb RAM, RTX2080 graphics card, two NVME drives for Windows and my applications/games to run from, a regular SSD for general data files then a couple of mechanical drives for a mix of media storage and back up.

It's a bit of a compromise setup.

The power was mostly for doing FEA and CFD analysis though, but I stuck with an RTX card as the jump in cost to a Quadro was too much and the Quadro gaming performance is not as good because it's not really optimised and I wanted the PC to be able to do both. Even so it's still pretty capable at that stuff, typically I'm seeing processing into the 1000's of percent faster than doing it on the Uni PC which have Quadros in them. 

Looked at AMD thread rippers as well, but the single core performance of the 9900k was better and that is a benefit for Adobe use so again a bit of a compromise.

We're looking at 32 core (64 thread) AMD chips for another build for doing the FEA/CFD stuff at even higher speeds for a dedicated design machine, but that's too much money at this juncture. Or maybe to wait and go for one of the newer 64 Core ones instead. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

Gonna buy a £50 psn voucher off cdkeys then purchase it. Maybe 2night if not, tommorow

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Dammit why did I not think to do that 

7 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Gonna buy a £50 psn voucher off cdkeys then purchase it. Maybe 2night if not, tommorow

• Like 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

20 minutes ago, Aslad said:

Dammit why did I not think to do that 

Cuz you ain't as clever as meeeeeee

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

My current spec is i9-9900k 16 threads running at 4.7GHz boost, 64gb RAM, RTX2080 graphics card, two NVME drives for Windows and my applications/games to run from, a regular SSD for general data files then a couple of mechanical drives for a mix of media storage and back up.

Sounds like a beast to me.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

29 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Sounds like a beast to me.

True, sound slikenit could run earth. 

• Like 1

It's probably dropped down the pecking order now, especially with the new thread rippers but when I built it I was getting top 1% benchmark scores on Cinebench and Passmark etc. 

When I build anything PC wise I always go beyond what I need spec wise, you can never fully future proof, but I always go as high a spec as I can justify at the time cost wise to ensure I get some longevity out of it and always try to go with the latest architecture so you can swap out a processor without needing a full new build. 

It's a long way away from when I was writing programs in Basic with a single core 66MHz and 16mb or RAM on my first PC.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2

Ok, so here is my bag o w*nk:

Processor: AMD Athlon II x2 B28, 2 cores, 2 threads 3.4Ghz I think

RAM: 8GB, 2 spare slots and got another 4gb to put in, just not got round to it yet

GFX: HP 22xi on ATI Radeon HD 4200

Afternoon all hopr evrryone is well been looking online and noticed somewherr gta is free on pc in 3 hrs on epic games grab it whilr u can it eont be free for long 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Afternoon all... @Trashbags is spot on, get it when it becomes available.

bom dia hello GIF

Am doing so, guess hwat, epic store is down

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Am doing so, guess hwat, epic store is down

Yup... been down since the game was announced.

4 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Mines up its available till the 21st 

Sweet

3 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

How do. Decided to cut a tree down today. Silly mistake

Whats haopened cat u not chooped ur tie off ir simething have u 

Also we campung tonight. @JuniorChubb

1 hour ago, Trashbags said:

Whats haopened cat u not chooped ur tie off ir simething have u 

Also we campung tonight. @JuniorChubb

Maybe Trashy, if I’m on I join you... 

Been a busy day with work and I have promised @doubleg213 some tuition time.

• Like 1