VANS Chat

VANS Official

5 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

We just need to slot in with @Mark Verstappen.

Whichever week he wants to do it I'm good with. 👍 As long as it in some way revolves mostly around something like cars and not deathmatches. 😄

We ran things in the passed which weren't about racing so all's good.

Got to be honest, did some drift practice before we started racing yesterday. 

I thought, I was good, but apparently Rockstar was not impressed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Afternoon people!

Cant believe I am busier at home than o am at work, 3:15 and my first post of the day!

@Challenger001 cheers for the links!

@Realjaysee legends don’t need R* approval!

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

39 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Yeeeeeeees hyperdrive

We had a chat about it on Wedndesday and its coming back soon...

I was thinking about opening it up to the whole of RSC, maybe doing heats then a grans final.

Anyway, how you feeling?

10 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

We had a chat about it on Wedndesday and its coming back soon...

I was thinking about opening it up to the whole of RSC, maybe doing heats then a grans final.

Anyway, how you feeling?

Much better today thankyou. Think I've finally shifted it. The last 3 days in bed I've managed to watch 1917, ferris buellers day off, the King of comedy, Ford v ferrari, hobbs and Shaw, numerous YouTube videos and old grand tours. 

Hopefully I can stay out of bed today, get some pots planted, get some jobs done and play on the PlayStation 

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Well...

spacer.png

I dun goofed. Lapse of concentration and pure stupidity and I've killed Greg. It was all such a blur, but I think what happened is that I clipped a grass verge on the inside of the corner, snap oversteered and then overcorrected it, leading to me slamming into a wall and spinning. 

Somehow I walked out unharmed, though my neck is pretty sore today unsurprisingly. Airbags didn't go off and the front of the car is the only thing damaged - windscreen back is unscathed. Unbelievably it started up the second the recovery guy turned the key and drove itself onto the truck. I'm hoping I'll have access once insurance have inspected the car to str*p all the rare and valuable parts off but I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm absolutely gutted but just thankful no one was injured. The guy who owns the wall was not best pleased but insurance are hopefully sorting it 🙂

I'm imagining it will be a write off and even with the payout I doubt I'll be able to afford to drive again for several months at least, but we'll see what happens. End of the day, Greg was a huge part of my life but is just metal and a lot of T20 screws. It'll be hard getting over this but it could have been so much worse. 

• Sad 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

1 minute ago, Aslad said:

Well...

spacer.png

I dun goofed. Lapse of concentration and pure stupidity and I've killed Greg. It was all such a blur, but I think what happened is that I clipped a grass verge on the inside of the corner, snap oversteered and then overcorrected it, leading to me slamming into a wall and spinning. 

Somehow I walked out unharmed, though my neck is pretty sore today unsurprisingly. Airbags didn't go off and the front of the car is the only thing damaged - windscreen back is unscathed. Unbelievably it started up the second the recovery guy turned the key and drove itself onto the truck. I'm hoping I'll have access once insurance have inspected the car to str*p all the rare and valuable parts off but I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm absolutely gutted but just thankful no one was injured. The guy who owns the wall was not best pleased but insurance are hopefully sorting it 🙂

I'm imagining it will be a write off and even with the payout I doubt I'll be able to afford to drive again for several months at least, but we'll see what happens. End of the day, Greg was a huge part of my life but is just metal and a lot of T20 screws. It'll be hard getting over this but it could have been so much worse. 

The main thing is you're ok! Sod the car.

Now I'm not in anyway trying to be an a*se here but, why were you out driving? will the po-po have any reason to give you a slap on the wrist or not?

• Like 2

Glad you’re ok Salad, fingers crossed for Greg too but it don’t look good...

Maybe Greg remembrance night is in order?

@CatManDoza the temptation to go driving now is so strong, I see loads of young’ens out making the most of the quiet roads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

The main thing is you're ok! Sod the car.

Now I'm not in anyway trying to be an a*se here but, why were you out driving? will the po-po have any reason to give you a slap on the wrist or not?

I was due to come home from uni today and had a lot of frozen food that wouldn't survive the journey so I was dropping it off at a friend's who hasn't been able to get much food in from her local shop... should've just left it in my freezer 😂

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

4 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Glad you’re ok Salad, fingers crossed for Greg too but it don’t look good...

Maybe Greg remembrance night is in order?

Chances are even if it's repairable, they'll write it off as uneconomical to repair. I'd love nothing more than to stick it on the drive and fix it up myself but parents and finances say no 😭

• Sad 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

1 minute ago, Aslad said:

I was due to come home from uni today and had a lot of frozen food that wouldn't survive the journey so I was dropping it off at a friend's who hasn't been able to get much food in from her local shop... should've just left it in my freezer 😂

Fair enough, not like you were just out for the craic. How the sh*t are you gonna get home now? Old man salad gonna do a mercy mission in the Focus CC??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Fair enough, not like you were just out for the craic. How the sh*t are you gonna get home now? Old man salad gonna do a mercy mission in the Focus CC??

Already back 😉

We have a Honda CR-V as well as that focus 😂😂  my dad came up this morning 

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Nosferatu Loves Dorifuto results are up.

A short highlight video too. Apologies for the music.

• Like 2

If you want to get involved & join our events make a post in our public recruitment thread

VansTag.png

Anyone up for a Sunday night event...?

I wanted to do something for Greg but the next two Wednesday’s are taken.

Let me know if anyone is up for it, especially @Aslad

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

let me check my diary.........

book GIF

........I'm free

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

Yeah Baby GIF by memecandy

• Like 1

I should be good Sunday as well. It's the time my old crew tends to run anyway too. Perhaps an impromptu Vans vs Pistonheads meet?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Challenger001 said:

I should be good Sunday as well. It's the time my old crew tends to run anyway too. Perhaps an impromptu Vans vs Pistonheads meet?

If we get on it will be a Maxwell Asbo race night for @Aslad after he wrote off his Corsa (Greg).

IMG-20200402-225043-141.jpg

A crew Racenight  sounds cool though for another night...

There is another Crew here on RSC who would be up for a Sunday night crew race night if you want to increase numbers to Crew v Crew v Crew

• Like 1

Actually guys... tomorrow night might not be best for me, it’s somebodies birthday tomorrow and they are a little depressed about not being able to forget anything. My attention may well be elsewhere.

• Sad 1