VANS Chat

VANS Official

Don’t worry guys, we’ll run a mix of open and crew only nights as we push into the new year.

I will always tend to run something crew based for smaller numbers whilst @Mark Verstappen will always be open and focused on straight racing. It’s a good combo.

Just pick and chose what suits you best when signing up 👍

• Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

22 minutes ago, Hurst said:

I think my PS4 is on its last legs.Anyone else upgrading this year?

Already got my ps5 savings tin on the go

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 hour ago, Hurst said:

Mine was having issues with a couple of games not loading a while ago. Discs not ejecting was an issue too...

I had a slight issue with my drive, manage to sort it and it’s been fine since.

Next purchase for me should be PS5, if all is well until it’s released.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hurst said:

I just got a free one off a job not that long ago so if I drop this one again I might have to shift over to it.  Got a bit of a fright last night when the PS4 told me GTA was corrupted and I had to wipe it and reinstall.  Took 5 hours but it's working ok now.

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2020 at 1:15 PM, CatManDoza said:

spent some of my christmas money wisely this lunchtime, good old facebook marketplace. I'm sure @doubleg213 can come along and tell me to leave the audi well alone

JiZvFpq.jpg

That Rolls Royce was the first ever toy car I got.  Same colour too.  My Aunty Ethny gave it to me if I remember rightly.  IT's in about the same condition as that one there.  My mate Vinnie has the real thing in blue,

Following on from the preview video I posted a while back, here's round one of the diecast rally championships. Don't why I like it, but I do

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Following on from the preview video I posted a while back, here's round one of the diecast rally championships. Don't why I like it, but I do

Loved that, keep them coming Cat!

If you like big air and wrecks then like and subscribe 😂

Do you think the second commentator is the same guy with a voice changer?

39 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Do you think the second commentator is the same guy with a voice changer?

defo

25 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

What have you done!  This is amazing!  I'm going to be watching all of these now!

I know! They are oddly satisfying, I'm sending a vans/XERO liveried car over for king of the mountain in august

• Like 2

Got two exams next week so been deep into some revision and basically ignoring the outside world. So basically like normal except I've been doing revision.

Once they are out of the way I should hopefully have some semblance of normality, I have one the week after as well but that one is pretty easy. 

My intention is to spend that week getting caught up with other sh*t and I shall pull my finger out and do the Time Trials end of year stuff.

I'm not one for the whole "thank god that year is over" kind of mentality, but 2019 has been a sh*t year for me overall, between everything I've just been doing way too much and it's not been a good thing mentally.

Have a vague idea of a plan in mind for this year which should pan out into something a bit more productive and less stressful. 

This doesn't mean less play, in fact the contrary, I need to have some enforced breaks and try and do some time on Illustrator, Creator etc. and having some play time / down time as not doing any of that has definitely contributed to the above. There were a couple of days in the run up to Christmas that I was going down to the rally school to do some work and could feel myself being absolutely shattered and f*cked basically just driving down there let alone working. 

I've basically been either physically ill or just tired, miserable and too knackered to be bothered to even do fun stuff and that needs to change.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:15 PM, CatManDoza said:

spent some of my christmas money wisely this lunchtime, good old facebook marketplace. I'm sure @doubleg213 can come along and tell me to leave the audi well alone

JiZvFpq.jpg

It should indeed be left alone. 

In case anyone was wondering (and why wouldn't you be) it looks like it's meant to be based on John Buffum's car.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 3

Will be good to see you back about G, I haven't been called a bell end for what seems like an eternity. 

I shall put the audi in the display case with no alterations made. I had my audi fix with a smaller quattro model 

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, CatManDoza said:

Epic 

Speaking of Quattro's, I had a nice late Christmas present...

SaKWNxO.jpg

Awesome video again @CatManDoza, really cool!

Hope everybody had a nice weekend, I really did. Started with a visit to the Van Gogh museum,

then I had nice little present as surprise and ending the weekend with a sunday full of very special beers, good times!

Looking forward to Wednesday and even more with the knowledge that we maybe see our well respected

old pal again after a while. I can't wait!

• Like 1

Probably next week. This week I am not sure, I'll either come on to try and chill pre exam or I might be doing last minute panicking revision.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

I know! They are oddly satisfying, I'm sending a vans/XERO liveried car over for king of the mountain in august

That sir is a fine idea!

12 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

That sir is a fine idea!

Just got to find my sheet of XERO decals or fork out 3 quid for another sheet of decal paper

• Like 1

Morning ladies and gentleswines.

I am pushing back Review of the Year to next week, apologies for this but I have left the organisation a little late.

@Mark Verstappen I will get your results sorted tonight, again apologies for the delay, just been a stressful week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Morning ladies and gentleswines.

I am pushing back Review of the Year to next week, apologies for this but I have left the organisation a little late.

@Mark Verstappen I will get your results sorted tonight, again apologies for the delay, just been a stressful week.

john cleese GIF

I can't play next Wednesday! Booooo