The problem with fruit

BryannosaurusRex

Is that you don't know what it's going to taste like until you start eating it.

I'm trying to eat more healthy seeing as I'm meant to be running a marathon in 8 months time (fuck! Why did I agree to that?!)

I've just had 2 tangerine. Both look identical, one was bitter, the other really sweet. Then the grapes were as sharp as anything! I bet the apple I'm about to eat is mushy and not crisp just how I like 'em. 

At least with chocolate and sweets/candy you know where you're at!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Smoothies is the answer ;)

My friend makes them all the time. They are horrible!

5 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Alternative option is what I do and that's avoid fruit altogether. 

I've been doing that for too long! Need to start looking after my body

• 3 years later...
55 minutes ago, Beez said:

Fruit has fiber. Makes you poop good. 

I’m eating more fruit again. I never did that marathon in the end, I’d like to do one at some point though. I am on a health kick at the moment, I’ve gradually been putting the weight on over the last 2 years. I’m finding it hard to stop drinking too much beer and wine! I’ve signed up to a fitness camp to help me get motivated as it’s been pretty much zero the last few years and then hopefully push on from there and start rock climbing and mountain biking again.

I’ve just eaten a banana 😆

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TheBoyBry said:

I’m eating more fruit again. I never did that marathon in the end, I’d like to do one at some point though. I am on a health kick at the moment, I’ve gradually been putting the weight on over the last 2 years. I’m finding it hard to stop drinking too much beer and wine! I’ve signed up to a fitness camp to help me get motivated as it’s been pretty much zero the last few years and then hopefully push on from there and start rock climbing and mountain biking again.

Sounds great to me! We only get one body, take care of that f*cker. We already know what heals our bodies and what diseases them. Nothing is a mystery any longer. Its about making choices and rewiring the brain. I've completely changed my brain chemistry. The things that used to please me now repulse me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Con said:

Sounds great to me! We only get one body, take care of that f*cker. We already know what heals our bodies and what diseases them. Nothing is a mystery any longer. Its about making choices and rewiring the brain. I've completely changed my brain chemistry. The things that used to please me now repulse me. 

I used to eat fruit and veg a lot, but over the last few years I’ve got into the habit of not doing the usual regular grocery shopping, but instead just grabbing whatever I fancied on a daily basis. Also not making a packed lunch and instead going to the supermarket and buying a meal deal - sandwich, crisps (chips) and a Coke for £3 plus a chocolate bar for “dessert”. 

I’m breaking the bad habits now and between me and the girlfriend, we’re making our own lunches to take to work and planning healthy dinners for the week.  

I’ll be well hench by the summer! 💪

4 hours ago, TheBoyBry said:

I should do that as well. Need to build up some motivation. 

I ran a 10k race last september. That was an objective of mine. But since then, I kinda stopped running and put on some weight. I know I will run the 10k this year again but I need to eat more fruits and vegetables. But I love fat food too much 😄 Need to do more sport to compensate. Not to find me any excuses but the weather hasn't been very helpful. It's been raining like it's England all fall and winter... 

• Like 1