What did you do today?

JustHatched

We have 3 bins for different categories, collected on a 4 week cycle, one bin gets collected every week.

• Cans, plastic & glass once every 4
  • Paper & cardboard once every 4
    • they will take additional bundles of paper / card not in the bin if you tie them up with string
  • General waste, i.e. everything else, gets collected every 2 weeks
    • not supposed to put anything that goes in another bin in this

We don't have a garden waste bin (most goes in our own compost bin). But for those that do that is on a separate collection cycle and, I think, collected every other week.

Interesting topic ! 

Here in France it depends where you live. In the southern regions they don't know what recycling is...

Where I live, we have 3 large bins :

• a grey/blue one for general waste collected twice a week
  • a yellow one for recycling paper, cardboard, cans collected weekly
  • a green one for the green stuff (leaves, lawn...) collected weekly, except in january/february.

I have a compost bin in a corner of my backyard where I put almost all our organic waste to make natural fertilizer for the flowers. Glass has to be deposited in large containers scattered in almost every neighborhood. If you have to dispose of large/special stuff, you have to bring it to your local recycling center. If you want, you can bring old clothes to a local container handled by caritative associations to be recycled or resold.

It can vary greatly depending of your area. Sometimes the waste collecting is handled by the municipality, metropolitan area or even a private business. 

Costs also vary. Here we pay a yearly tax to have our bins collected but elsewhere you can be charged according to the amount of waste you" produce". This service can sometimes be free but that's uncommon. Depends on local policies. 

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

Where I am the provide us with a big bin for recycling but they DO NOT accept Plastic. Makes no sense.

On topic, today I went in to work so I could clean up/ set up my new bay at work. Have been in the same one for 6 years now and when this bay was taken over I had to ask for it. Walls on on sides vs the wide open stuff everywhere else. This bay was occupied by the used truck sales part of the shop but the person that was running it is a scum bag thief that is being sued by multiple people. So, being a family run business and he is part of the family, they bought him out and kicked him off the property.

Cleared of all his crap and eventually I took it over. Now I have more room and I'm not bothered by the driveline repair shop that was next to my old bay. They love to park their personal vehicles in the way. Cleaned it up and now I have a fresh floor and don't have to hear any music but my own.

247464820_371965297944758_4685097166658193677_n.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

@PretendWereDeadFahren Fahren Fahren auf der Autobahn!

Btw, that speedometer goes a lot further than 200, buddy....

I managed to do 240, but didn’t dare to take a picture of it, while driving. 

But hey! You can take that picture, if you want to 😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PretendWereDead said:

I managed to do 240, but didn’t dare to take a picture of it, while driving. 

But hey! You can take that picture, if you want to 😉

Nice! My car barely goes 140 🤣

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well.... it's that time of year again, folks. The time of year when the kids won't leave me alone slouching on the sofa in front of the telly, left hand down my pants (UK not US) Al Bundy style, remote in the the other whilst watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation smoking a cigar and crying into my eggnog reminiscing about missed opportunities in a life gone by. 

Anyway,  I did a thing.....

Kids wanted lights, so I gave them lights....

cn7rEom.jpeg

lhtPllc.jpeg

Edited by TheFox2000unit
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Last few days have been rain rain rain. I hope that stops before new years eve. But last week was actually pretty nice....

SWQgHiP.jpg

VknX0cm.jpg

c5QLayw.jpg

R3ycOLV.jpg

This is about 50 metres from our new home. Really happy to be able to walk into nature so easily. Our old home was situated in the middle of the city and we got tired of everything that comes with it. Probably getting old 😆

Edited by Schumi6581
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Finally scored some DDR5 so this weekend I pulled my PC apart for major changes for at least the 4th time in a year.  I have finally reached the stopping point. Well, at least until I can get an 011D Dynamic EVO case.

Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Ultra

32GB XPG DDR5 5200

i7-12700K CPU

NOCTUA Redux cooler

NOCTUA Redux fans

ASUS ROG Strix 3080Ti

Corsair RX1000 PSU

3.5 TBs of M.2 Corsair/WD/Seagate

iCue Commander Core XT

All stuffed inside the only remaining part of my original build, Corsair 4000D Airflow case.

Still can't get over the size of the damn GPU.

271970368_419304733210814_5460586442623658878_n.jpg

271987676_419305629877391_8752746792784067497_n.jpg

• Like 4

The li lian lancool ii mesh case is great on thermals but that 011D is versatile, I would not put the video card on a riser as the riser cables always go bad, and possibly mess up the card.

Passed my Department of Driver Services tests to get my Driver's License Instructional Permit. Got a valid temporary paper document in the mean while until it arrives in the mail in a few weeks.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 3:42 AM, Smurf said:

The li lian lancool ii mesh case is great on thermals but that 011D is versatile, I would not put the video card on a riser as the riser cables always go bad, and possibly mess up the card.

I like the ability to install floor fans because they blow fresh air up to the GPU. 

Really want the XL version for the room but the Evo isn’t much smaller and has everything I like at a lower price. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 3:42 AM, Smurf said:

It arrived today.

272980165_428089622332325_1981457271023191035_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, Lann said:

Last year i started to practice bjj, a uncomfortable step for a 45 yr old man who never did any martial arts before. 

Once comfortable with the close physical contact it has proven a fun and good workout, with a great group of people.

This summer, feeling encouraged practicing with another club for five weeks on our vaccation, i signed up for a competition. 

So the last two months i have trying to prepare myself. Gave up on soda, candy, chips, cake.. all stuff i usually enjoy. Dropped down to 67 kg and worked on a gameplan.

Yesterday it was time to go. We were about 15 from our club who were to compete. Me and my primary practice partner was in the same group (white belt, age over 30, - 70 kg) along with four others.  

Once on the mat it turns out none of the others have shown up, same thing happens to my practice partner. So what happens is that me and my friend goes to the final against eachother. 

Such anticlimax. I signed up to test myself in a competition against an opponent. Not to go up against the guy who i have practiced my gameplan with for weeks, and someone I know is much better than me. 

I still mostly feel dissapointed about how it turned out, after building it up for so long. I did put my name on the list and myself on the mat. But i did not get the experience i was hoping for.

So today I had another go at this. Got my first win and a bronze medal. Proud, happy and tired (i am sure age has nothing to do with that).

Pic or didnt happen..

Spoiler

Hidzhae.jpg

• Like 4