What did you do today?

JustHatched

11 hours ago, Beez said:

Looks like a cam chain. What motor?

Funnily enough, it's a 1.2 petrol 3cyl VW Fox.

Fox on a Fox of you want.....

Edited by TheFox2000unit
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

There’s an old WW2 airfield a mile up the road from me and every year they have a 1940s weekend in August. 
Popped up for a quick look just as they fired up the Merlin engine. The video doesn’t do the noise any justice. You can feel it through your whole body!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today I took apart the wrecked car I brought back home yesterday. Daughter starts a new job soon and needs the car back ASAP. She has volunteered to cover the extra insurance premiums that her choice to follow to closely will give. IF they don't just drop us for it.

241257770_337583708049584_6457639998691695594_n.jpg

241319182_337583691382919_2089015564401551731_n.jpg

IMG_1035.JPG

241244863_337583774716244_2663826266998911986_n.jpg

240871421_10159327435515993_4025805998060986001_n.jpg

• Like 2

Made a trip to the salvage yard to grab the parts needed.  Got the stuff home and put it back together. There were no head lights on the cars in the salvage yard so we had to order new ones. once they get here the car will back on the road.

241423394_338227107985244_5343969520207830428_n.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sinister said:

Made a trip to the salvage yard to grab the parts needed.  Got the stuff home and put it back together. There were no head lights on the cars in the salvage yard so we had to order new ones. once they get here the car will back on the road.

Wow, great work @Sinister!

Btw, what did you mean with "IF they don't just drop us for it". Do you mean the insurance in the US can drop you for one such incident? 

10 hours ago, Sinister said:

Um, the colours don't match....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

Wow, great work @Sinister!

Btw, what did you mean with "IF they don't just drop us for it". Do you mean the insurance in the US can drop you for one such incident? 

Yes. One thing insurance companies don’t like is when you actually need them to psy out for things. Also our son had an accident last month. 

1 hour ago, TheFox2000unit said:

Um, the colours don't match....

That is taken care of by having it painted. This Green is a rare color. Although no one likes the bumper cover so a new one has been ordered.

Last year i started to practice bjj, a uncomfortable step for a 45 yr old man who never did any martial arts before. 

Once comfortable with the close physical contact it has proven a fun and good workout, with a great group of people.

This summer, feeling encouraged practicing with another club for five weeks on our vaccation, i signed up for a competition. 

So the last two months i have trying to prepare myself. Gave up on soda, candy, chips, cake.. all stuff i usually enjoy. Dropped down to 67 kg and worked on a gameplan.

Yesterday it was time to go. We were about 15 from our club who were to compete. Me and my primary practice partner was in the same group (white belt, age over 30, - 70 kg) along with four others.  

Once on the mat it turns out none of the others have shown up, same thing happens to my practice partner. So what happens is that me and my friend goes to the final against eachother. 

Such anticlimax. I signed up to test myself in a competition against an opponent. Not to go up against the guy who i have practiced my gameplan with for weeks, and someone I know is much better than me. 

I still mostly feel dissapointed about how it turned out, after building it up for so long. I did put my name on the list and myself on the mat. But i did not get the experience i was hoping for.

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear that, @Lann. They sound as reliable as some GTA crews. Hopefully you'll get to put your gameplan into action soon. Signing up to bjj and sticking with it is badass! Going to actual compete, even more so!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Lann said:

Enjoying small things. Best way we tried so far. Two weeks of plastic and paper packaging handled in one go. 

AjKR47D.jpg

How does this work in your area or in Sweden in general?

Overhere we have several (3-4) large bins for each kind of garbage, which are emptied once every two weeks by the government. 

35 minutes ago, PretendWereDead said:

How does this work in your area or in Sweden in general?

Overhere we have several (3-4) large bins for each kind of garbage, which are emptied once every two weeks by the government. 

Here each house have two bins that are picked up weekly, organic in one and unsorted in one. But plastic, paper, paper packaging, glass, metal we sort ourself and drop of at the local neighborhood station.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, Lann said:

Here each house have two bins that are picked up weekly, organic in one and unsorted in one. But plastic, paper, paper packaging, glass, metal we sort ourself and drop of at the local neighborhood station.

I’m always intrigued in how countries and regions deal with their waste and recycling. 

my local authority collect all kinds of recycling. 

Every week we get collected;

Food waste

cardboard and paper 

drink cartons

glass

most plastic packaging 

batteries

Metal cans (soda, food etc) & aluminum foil

clothes

Then every 2 weeks alternating garden waste (which is an extra cost if wanted) and general non recycling waste.

neighbouring counties will be completely different!