What did you do today?

JustHatched

29 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Looks great! Is it going to be a table/desk? 

I started off using danish oil on my (ash) record player stand and it went a lot darker than I was expecting so I sanded it back and went for a colourless wax instead as I wanted to keep the original colour as much as possible. I'm not sure what the difference in colour between Danish/Linseed oil is though.

Edit to add a pic of the Danish oil -

http://imgur.com/a/cbb4OY5

It will be a dining table. 
The linseed oil is quite a dark brown colour. 

I’m a fan of ash. I prefer lighter coloured woods so I’ll go with wax. 

looks like you’ve got a nice little workshop there 👍🏼

• Like 3

I'm fittin to go dig up the water line going to the barn today, its leaking somewhere underground 

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

3 hours ago, JustHatched said:

I'm fittin to go dig up the water line going to the barn today, its leaking somewhere underground 

I hope you don’t have to do too much digging before you find the leak! 

Saturday, June 6th - 9:54 pm EST

Let me give you some backstory...

A female renter moved into the unit across from our bedroom in January. My wife befriended her and learned that she suffered from bipolarism so my wife always made sure she was adjusting to her new place etc...she was on disability so the state paid for her rent, but the mental services were lacking and my wife would have to make sure she had things like a shower curtain etc. In March during the Covid19 peak we learned that the renter was found dead when she failed to show up to some important meeting. Autopsy showed she died of an overdose of prescription pills and Fetanyl We knew she drank heavily but had no idea she was using other drugs. We own our Town House Unit so we know the other owners and reached out to the woman that owns that unit since she lives in another State and figured we could help her be liasions for her since her tenant unexpectedly died. So we were mailed a key  in order to let contractors and movers in to remove her things. For the past two months the only people with keys to the unit are us and the owner who as I said, lives in another State, it's a good 2-3 hour drive. This past Monday, my wife did the owner a favor and showed the unit to a potential renter and she has assured me that she did not touch that light switch and even if she had, she would have noticed the light being on since Monday. Now that checks out because out central Air condition unit needs some Freeon so its not working at the moment so we have been using fans and open windows in the bedroom, especially at night when it naturally gets cooler. Okay....sorry about the paragraph, I just wanted to give you a backstory...As soon as my wife was spooked, I told her to call the Unit owner and ask her if she came to see the unit today....her answer was, "No. I have not left my home at all in three days." ...I told my wife to give me the keys and id go to the unit and shut the light. She wont let me. So this is all i can do...monitor the unit from across the way throughout the night and see if it shuts off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Con said:

Saturday, June 6th - 9:54 pm EST

Let me give you some backstory...

A female renter moved into the unit across from our bedroom in January. My wife befriended her and learned that she suffered from bipolarism so my wife always made sure she was adjusting to her new place etc...she was on disability so the state paid for her rent, but the mental services were lacking and my wife would have to make sure she had things like a shower curtain etc. In March during the Covid19 peak we learned that the renter was found dead when she failed to show up to some important meeting. Autopsy showed she died of an overdose of prescription pills and Fetanyl We knew she drank heavily but had no idea she was using other drugs. We own our Town House Unit so we know the other owners and reached out to the woman that owns that unit since she lives in another State and figured we could help her be liasions for her since her tenant unexpectedly died. So we were mailed a key  in order to let contractors and movers in to remove her things. For the past two months the only people with keys to the unit are us and the owner who as I said, lives in another State, it's a good 2-3 hour drive. This past Monday, my wife did the owner a favor and showed the unit to a potential renter and she has assured me that she did not touch that light switch and even if she had, she would have noticed the light being on since Monday. Now that checks out because out central Air condition unit needs some Freeon so its not working at the moment so we have been using fans and open windows in the bedroom, especially at night when it naturally gets cooler. Okay....sorry about the paragraph, I just wanted to give you a backstory...As soon as my wife was spooked, I told her to call the Unit owner and ask her if she came to see the unit today....her answer was, "No. I have not left my home at all in three days." ...I told my wife to give me the keys and id go to the unit and shut the light. She wont let me. So this is all i can do...monitor the unit from across the way throughout the night and see if it shuts off.

Spooky!! Lets hope it doesn’t shut off and that it was only the people that went to watch the house that inadvertedly flipped the switch on... Can’t wait to find out... 

If it shuts off is a bit more dangerous, and you should probably call the Police... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Spooky!! Lets hope it doesn’t shut off and that it was only the people that went to watch the house that inadvertedly flipped the switch on... Can’t wait to find out... 

If it shuts off is a bit more dangerous, and you should probably call the Police... 

I can confirm that the only people with the key to the unit in this State is my wife and like I said, she was there Monday but told me she didnt turn on that light. 

I can confirm that my wife isnt playing a prank on me as we havent been in prank mode since our dog passed away a few weeks ago.

I can confirm that it isnt being burglarized because there is NOTHING in there not even a chair. 

I can confirm that even if my wife did say leave that light on...we would have noticed because  here is what I didnt tell you about this situation....When the woman died, it was such a bad time for the unit owner to travel since she has a toddler and her husband (who normally handles the rental property) is stuck in China since he was there when the Covid broke out. Anyways, the reason we got the key was mainly due to the fact that the last people to have been in the unit left all the lights on. So for about a month we watched every night those lights on....and would say, "those lights have been on for a month....the unit owner needs to come and shut the lights off. That is how we got involved....so if my wife had left any light on there this past Monday, she would have noticed it the last four days. We have pics of the interior of the unit since my wife has been helping the unit owner with getting a renter. Ill try and get a pic of the light and switch that is on in he video. 

spUAbOm.jpg

DKtDPOV.jpg

This is the light that is on...the switch is the gold round thing. You can turn the light on by pushing it in or turning the dial. The bigger white thing controls the ceiling fan (not pictured).

Edited by Con

9 hours ago, Con said:

I can confirm that the only people with the key to the unit in this State is my wife and like I said, she was there Monday but told me she didnt turn on that light. 

I can confirm that my wife isnt playing a prank on me as we havent been in prank mode since our dog passed away a few weeks ago.

I can confirm that it isnt being burglarized because there is NOTHING in there not even a chair. 

I can confirm that even if my wife did say leave that light on...we would have noticed because  here is what I didnt tell you about this situation....When the woman died, it was such a bad time for the unit owner to travel since she has a toddler and her husband (who normally handles the rental property) is stuck in China since he was there when the Covid broke out. Anyways, the reason we got the key was mainly due to the fact that the last people to have been in the unit left all the lights on. So for about a month we watched every night those lights on....and would say, "those lights have been on for a month....the unit owner needs to come and shut the lights off. That is how we got involved....so if my wife had left any light on there this past Monday, she would have noticed it the last four days. We have pics of the interior of the unit since my wife has been helping the unit owner with getting a renter. Ill try and get a pic of the light and switch that is on in he video. 

spUAbOm.jpg

DKtDPOV.jpg

This is the light that is on...the switch is the gold round thing. You can turn the light on by pushing it in or turning the dial. The bigger white thing controls the ceiling fan (not pictured).

Any news? 

5 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Any news? 

So here is the update. Last night I looked out at midnight, 2am, and 330am. The light was still on. We just got back from shutting the light off. We went inside and I investigated the switch myself, got video but I’m out at the moment and won’t be able to upload for a bit. But just odd that the light would go on. My honest feeling is that the wall lights are faulty. It’s an old switch cause it’s not even a dial. Just strange that it had not happened before. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a video supposedly from our parlament yesterday. A politician from one of the more extreme parties suggested new taxes, over a certain level the suggestion was 100% (in taxes). 
😂

• Haha 1

I worked, got my hair cut and chatted on my site lmao.

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

I miss being able to have a haircut. 

Today was just another scan on the old noggin to make sure my brain is still behaving. The bad side is as we now have to wear masks on public transport and the mask I had wouldn’t fit over my beard so the beard had to go. My face feels naked now. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I miss being able to have a haircut. 

Today was just another scan on the old noggin to make sure my brain is still behaving. The bad side is as we now have to wear masks on public transport and the mask I had wouldn’t fit over my beard so the beard had to go. My face feels naked now. 

I actually got one yesterday but they refused to trim my beard so I shaved it off lmao.

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

Beards may be trimmed but not removed... you guys know the rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

28 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Beards may be trimmed but not removed... you guys know the rules.

I kept it as stubble. The wet razor stayed packed away

• Like 1

I witnessed a couple fighting in the car in the parking lot. Didn’t pull my phone out cause I’m not about that...until I realized the situation might need footage. I did not share my footage with the cops because the woman attacker claimed that the man grabbed her by the throat first. Unfortunately, I wasn’t paying attention to them at that moment so I could not confirm her claim of self-defense and is why I thought it would be unfair to just show her part of the attack. 
don’t worry, the parking lot had a camera so the store will provide full video and not partial like mine would have been. 
The woman did not help her cause by arguing during her arrest...got footage of that too. if any of you care to see the vids, let me know and I’ll post them. 
Why didn’t I get involved instead of pulling out my phone?  
1. Yesterday a 10 year old dog was dropped off to us so we can foster care for it until his Mommy is out the hospital. He is scared of everything since he doesn’t go for car rides, so I was concerned about leaving him in the car alone. The reason we were at that store in the first place was so we can treat this dog’s skin allergy. 

2. My wife is recovering from meniscus surgery. It’s Day 6...and she still needs me to assist in her recovery and imagine if something would happen to my life because I wanted to get involved in a domestic dispute? 

3. If things got physical with me, I don’t know how I would react, it’s one thing to want to fight it’s another to get hurt by trying to be a Good Samaritan. That would enrage me. 

4. Cops show up see me wrestling people on the ground...who do I think the cops gonna rush to grab and slam up on the sidewalk, them or me? 

5. There were no children or animals present within the situation.

Perhaps if I was single, I would have paid more attention to the yelling from the start and been able to diffuse their fight. But I’m also not 20 years old anymore...so perhaps in the future, I’ll call the cops....but then what if I did that and they pull away cause they were just having a married couple disagreement and I call the cops for nothing?

Edited by Con

Hung out with my family all weekend in our cabin. Good times.

GeezeZone 

Drove down to our cabin for our summer break. Such a long drive my back now decided to keep me laying on my back..

At least I got six week to recover.

I showed my neighbor how to trim his "girls", took some clones and amended his soil wif some good stuff!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Well, I had a very interesting night last night. A pretty good-sized storm blew through and knock down part of a huge tree on the state easement at the corner of my property. The limbs, which would make a huge tree itself, fell onto the state highway all the way across the shoulder, adjoining lane and just into the opposing lane.
I called 911 and informed dispatch of the situation. She says they already know about it, but gives wrong location. I told her no, it was further down and at a very dangerous location on a curve. She sort of blew that off and I hung up. 10 minutes pass and no one is there. I called 911 again and stress to her that it is a very dangerous location. She says we're on it and then hangs up on me. It's now drizzling rain and I go out to my mailbox on the road. I wait another 10 minutes or more when along comes in 18 wheeler running the speed limit comes up on the incident. He is hard *n the brakes as he is maneuvering through the incident and avoiding four cars on the side of the road in his Lane and then having two drive on the edge of the opposite lane to get by. luckily there were no opposing traffic close enough.

Now I'm mad as hell! I call the dispatch again and again she hangs up on me after telling her about the 18-wheeler plowing through. My neighbor and I are now fed up, so he goes get his truck and chainsaw and a chain and we start removing the tree from the roadway.

We get a large majority of the tree removed from the roadway when a deputy finally arrives. After he Parks his unit he comes over to me and I begin to inform him of what the dispatch done. He immediately gets defensive and tells me to come down. I tell him that I'm shouting over the chainsaw and I'm calm. He then tries to explain away the delay. I tell him I don't care what you have to say I'm going to tell you what happened. With his surprised look on his face, I begin to tell him what the stupid *ss dispatcher did. As soon as I finish informing him of the situation, I go back to removing the tree. As we are just about finished, a truck from the department of transportation finally arrives on the situation. We all finish up on removing the tree from the roadway.

My neighbor and I shake hands and Patted each other on the back for a job well done! The deputy comes over to us, thanks us and apologizes for the dispatcher and his attitude when he first arrived.

I go back into the house, take off all the wet clothes and take a shower. I go back to my gaming that I was so rudely interrupted!:default_coolglare:

• Like 4

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Lann said:

Finished this project, a place to hang out in the guarden.

FQT7aVg.jpg

Man that’s a chill spot. Me, vape pen, and that spot. 😄 that’s all I need on a Friday.