What did you do today?

JustHatched

Mostly spent the day procrastinating or being massively demotivated and generally disinterested.

Went up to the farm to do some sorting out about 5pm out of furstration and found these buried under a load of stuff. I'll be offloading them on ebay as I either have better quality duplicates or they have no use to me. The Triumph one even has all of the updates and amendment sheets with it as well. 

IMG_20200414_200709.jpg

IMG_20200414_200238.jpg

IMG_20200414_195616.jpg

IMG_20200414_195638.jpg

IMG_20200414_195707.jpg

• Like 4

Some of you may know it because I talked about it in Twitter, but some years ago I started writing a book (not professionally, just as a personal target and dedicated to some old friends). I'm really proud to say that last night I finished correcting and editing the first part of it, which consists of 106 pages. Now I have to finish and correct the second part, which has 310 pages at the moment. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, VALL_es said:

Some of you may know it because I talked about it in Twitter, but some years ago I started writing a book (not professionally, just as a personal target and dedicated to some old friends). I'm really proud to say that last night I finished correcting and editing the first part of it, which consists of 106 pages. Now I have to finish and correct the second part, which has 310 pages at the moment. 

I want a copy to read. 

SInce the workload is low I took a couple of days off to extend my weekend and get some stuff done around the house.

Today I set up another desk so i could get my PC setup away from the the area my wife uses for work. Grabbed one of her old work monitors as well. Now I can surf for those final collectibles on one while the game is on another. Going back and forth s*cked. Typical of me, the monitor is too small for my tastes so it will be replaced at some point.

3vglcnL.jpg?1

On 4/14/2020 at 3:33 PM, zztop911 said:

I saw Sinister's Land Yacht .................but It looked like Lime painted it!

Bright Lime Green!

If I had my way mine would be Krypton Green, 2017 Camaro color.  Our 2015 Sonic is Dragon Green Metallic.

y0JVUAW.jpg?1

• Like 2

Went to pick up some burgers for dinner and took some photos as i figured you guys might find it interesting to guess what it is, the thing on the left of this river heading out to the lake (answer in the spoiler). The last post gives you a clue.

6wrScN3.jpg

fr2Oz9Q.jpg

9GI0mik.jpg

Its a fishway so the fish can travel upstreams past the small old dam/turbine that you can spot in the background, the small building in front of the castle. That turbinehouse is one of the first powerstations in Sweden and is was built in 1891 as a contract between our city and the company that later became ASEA and then ABB.
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lann said:

Went to pick up some burgers for dinner and took some photos as i figured you guys might find it interesting to guess what it is, the thing on the left of this river heading out to the lake (answer in the spoiler). The last post gives you a clue.

6wrScN3.jpg

fr2Oz9Q.jpg

9GI0mik.jpg

Hide contents

Its a fishway so the fish can travel upstreams past the small old dam/turbine that you can spot in the background, the small building in front of the castle. That turbinehouse is one of the first powerstations in Sweden and is was built in 1891 as a contract between our city and the company that later became ASEA and then ABB.

Woohoo I guessed right! I had a busy, but not as interesting day. Loads of odd jobs round the house. Then found my outside lights I use for Christmas, so put those up around my patio area to make a nice outside area for the summer evenings. It's now raining..... 

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

On 4/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, TheBoyBry said:

Today I built a fence! My diy skills are better than I thought 

ko2HshA.jpg

That looks pretty good

I aint' done sh*t today, I ain't gonna do sh*t today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I did get this pic from my oldest daughter the other day, she is into special effects/gore makeup, sometimes I have to ask her if it is makeup or did something happen, so she is either getting good at it or I am getting to old to tell the difference 

7741.jpeg7740.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

A friend needed some help with his car today.

I changed the fuel pump assy. in his 2009 Crown Vic. He thought we'd have to drop the tank because of the pressure sensor sitting on top of the tank and that's a pretty big job. I showed him a little trick with a scribe to disconnect the sensor and dropped the last two exhaust hangers. Took my time and got it done in an hour and a half. I was worried his fuel pump sock was gonna be filthy, meaning the gas tank was dirty, but it wasn't bad. Changed the filter also. Fuel pressure at he fuel rails was perfect and took it out with my scanner to test everything.

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 4/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, JustHatched said:

I did get this pic from my oldest daughter the other day, she is into special effects/gore makeup, sometimes I have to ask her if it is makeup or did something happen, so she is either getting good at it or I am getting to old to tell the difference 

7741.jpeg7740.jpeg

She did this?  Wow....tell her it's pretty impressive as I thought it was real. Fantastic!!! make sure she reads all the books Tom Savini has written!! Those would make great bday or Xmas presents for her!!!  I still watch old episodes of Face Off on SYFY on Demand!!  Has she watched The Return of the Living Dead? that was the first movie that made me want to go into special effects myself as a kid. 

7 hours ago, Con said:

She did this?  Wow....tell her it's pretty impressive as I thought it was real. Fantastic!!! make sure she reads all the books Tom Savini has written!! Those would make great bday or Xmas presents for her!!!  I still watch old episodes of Face Off on SYFY on Demand!!  Has she watched The Return of the Living Dead? that was the first movie that made me want to go into special effects myself as a kid. 

She has sh*t tons of books and videos of how to do this stuff

This is one of her earlier pieces

69548398_380826029281932_554941360691688

• Like 4

Finally got rid of the 18" wheels on my car. 

A new set of 15x8 SSR Star wheels from JEGS wrapped in 255/60-15 Cooper Cobra GT tires.

gLIm7cq.jpg?1

NNNInxr.jpg?1

• Like 2

Today I had to take apart the Dryer and replace the drum wheels. Bought a kit that included a new drive belt and tensioner.

tY2UhM5.jpg?1

Was much easier than I expected it to be. A couple hours and 56 bucks in parts was much better than 400 for a new unit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Today I had to take apart the Dryer and replace the drum wheels. Bought a kit that included a new drive belt and tensioner.

tY2UhM5.jpg?1

Was much easier than I expected it to be. A couple hours and 56 bucks in parts was much better than 400 for a new unit.

That's my job for Monday, carbon Brushes have gone on my washer so it doesn't spin, don't particularly have money to buy them, but defo don't have enough money for a new washer

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Filled up the lawnmower with petrol and oil   (different tanks on the mower) after the vinter. After a few attempts it started, after a 20 seconds it died and would not start again. Removed a filter on the side and tried once more, now grayish fluid starts pouring out from where the filter was as is actually starts up. I keep it running as it keeps pouring and creating alot of smoke.

After a while the pouring and white smoke ends, and it seems to run well now, ever after putting the filter back.

Wtf was that? 

For the record, i have no idea if the oil i put in it was the ”right” one, but the bottle kind of indicates it.

NtQbAL6.jpg

On 4/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, zmurko said:

Shoveled and wheelbarrowed a sh*t-ton (literally?) of cow manure and built a 1.8 cubic meter compost pile. 💩

Great workout, legs, arms, shoulders, back, ... 💪

sh*ty job. 

Dodgeservice.png

3 hours ago, Lann said:

Filled up the lawnmower with petrol and oil   (different tanks on the mower) after the vinter. After a few attempts it started, after a 20 seconds it died and would not start again. Removed a filter on the side and tried once more, now grayish fluid starts pouring out from where the filter was as is actually starts up. I keep it running as it keeps pouring and creating alot of smoke.

After a while the pouring and white smoke ends, and it seems to run well now, ever after putting the filter back.

Wtf was that? 

For the record, i have no idea if the oil i put in it was the ”right” one, but the bottle kind of indicates it.

Reveal hidden contents

NtQbAL6.jpg

Grayish fluid sounds like and oil and water mix. Was it the air filter that you removed? If so many of them are made of foam that is soaked in oil to help dust stick to it. They should be cleaned and oiled at regular intervals.

I posted on my forum. I'm just trying to get it some activity.

• Like 1

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!