What did you do today?

JustHatched

I'm about to eat, hydrate, then take 1/2 pill of Cyclobenzaprine and pass out 'cause my trapezius muscles are killing me. This is day 2 of on the job training and it's a bit overwhelming. It's practically a crash course 'cause the medical assistant that is training me is leaving on Saturday, so I have until then to learn their entire operation and process. It's been a transition waking up at 4:40am, leave the house at 5am, get to work by 5:45am, start at 6, take a 30 min lunch at 11:30am, then leave at 2:30pm, and get home by 3:20pm.. I don't even feel like investing whatever energy left I have to game when I get home. I'll be incorporating gym in the early morning so another sleep transition starting at 3am.. *sighs* It sounds exhausting, but I believe once I keep this in repetition -- it'll be a new adventure to keep it consistent. Oh, and yeah, not a fan of the traffic in the 45 minute commute to and from work.

Edited by punkbish85

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Today i practiced Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the third time this week and third time ever. I have never tried any such sport before. Bruised but happy trying something new.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lann said:

Today i practiced Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the third time this week and third time ever. I have never tried any such sport before. Bruised but happy trying something new.

BJJ is the art of folding clothes while people still wear them. Also known as murder yoga. Have fun, and don't give up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 12:33 PM, Fido_le_muet said:

Passed out this morning and got the Mrs very scared. Got up too soon while running a fever ?

Ouch.

Happened to me last year, when i got out of bed too fast and ran to the bathroom to take a leak. Passed out and smashed my head on something. Then passed out again in the operating room while getting stitches (my blood pressure was dangerously low).

I've been peeing sitting down ever since! ?

(they say it's better for your prostate too, at least that's what i keep telling myself to not feel too emasculated) 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Later today I am driving to San Francisco to attend a conference and visit some of my bay area customers.  Will be in SF for 4 nights, returning on Friday.  Bringing my playstation of course.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Went to the cinema for the tenth time this year.  Saw True History of the Kelly Gang.  Great film.  It has about 300 uses of the word c*nt.

Today I went to work like always. I am in the middle of an "in frame" engine overhaul on a Cummins ISL Natural Gas powered engine. Nothing fancy, just a diesel engine modified to run on CNG.

Today I cut down the Cylinder Liner Counterbores and installed shims and new liners. The bores were worn which did not allow for enough protrusion of the liner. Protrusion is needed to compress the head gasket for proper sealing of the power cylinders.

Q4394UD.jpg?1

Before. Notice the pitting on the ledge.

mZVRsqA.jpg?1

After.  Major pitting has been removed by cutting. Note that some minor pitting remains but is an acceptable limit because it does not touch the edge of the ledge which would compromise the seal and allow coolant to enter the crankcase.

zoneqiB.jpg?1

Edited by Sinister
  • Like 5

I watched an idiot plumber fix a leak by making it worse and then walked out of the building..

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Sitting in the mf car with my dog while wife runs into supermarkets buying more crap because she has convinced herself corona virus gonna kill us. She just got back with just two boxes of tissues and said, these are in case we run outta toilet paper. Lmfao. I guess that means I have a question for the Corona Virus thread. Lemme head over there.

Put a new dishwasher in at 8am this morning, spent the rest of the day finding the leak under my sink. 

Pretty sucky day, usually all done and dusted and in on fortnite by 2 in the pm

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

• 2 weeks later...

Sold my race car trailer yesterday. Since I can't really race my car with the cage, too difficult to get in and especially get out quickly if there's an emergency, it will be returned to street form with no cage, street friendly transmission, DOT compliant wheels and tires and almost half the HP(still around  650RWHP).

Kinda sad, since it marks the end of something I love.  If I go back to the track with the car, it will be fully street legal.  While no where near as fast or quick,  if I make a full pass, I'll be kicked off the track because it will still be too quick without the cage.

• Sad 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Today I witnessed something I see every year. It reminds me of the time my school head master warned me and some other boys never to get married, saying "because if you do, one day your wife will ask you who you want to send Easter cards to this year, and she should know that the correct response to that question is  'What on Earth is an Easter card!?' ".

So today I have been given a pile of cards all in yellow envelopes and all bearing pictures of lambs, rabbits or daffodils and been asked to sign them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Working from home today and I am knackered already!

Deluge of emails and tasks as we set up school for remote learning, trying to keep the missus locked in the bedroom for self isolation, wiping down every surface after she had escaped a few times, trying to stop Bing sneak in a 12 hour gaming session, washing towels, washing up... I’m going back to work!

• Haha 4

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

With everything closed we decided to start on some much needed spring cleaning. Fired up the pressure washer I bought a year ago and got the screened in porch and other things cleaned up behind the house. 

Across the street from us is a large house turned apartment building for low income people so we took all of our unused items to the curb and asked if they needed anything. The pile of stuff was gone in minutes.

Also got some much needed tools from my wife for my upcoming B day.

Today was a good day.

• Like 1

Last night our neighbors dog jumped the fence, ran through the forrest behind our house and killed a dog this old lady was out walking. We used to stop and chat with the lady when out walking our dog. I feel very sad for the lady, she was obviously very fond of the dog and it must have been a shocking experience. 

I am not going to go on about all the (imo) wrongs leading up to this, but it was not a complete surprise something like this could happen. The attacking dog was put to sleep today. I can now cancel the $8k chainlink fence I ordered and feel alot safer for my wife, kids, cats and dog. 

• Sad 1

Cleaned out part of the barn for Monday, Monday is alpaca sheering day. Re arranged this fleet of vehicles in the driveway so it doesn't look like a cluster f*ck junk yard around here.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: