Basketball | NBA Finals | Raptors win the title in 6!

Banketelli

Not overly impressed with Dallas. Thought they would do better. 

Some teams are very enjoyable to watch but to my surprise they're badly ranked (Wolves, Utah, Spurs, Pelicans)

Some are just a shadow of what they used to be (Knicks, Bulls, Cleveland)

Didn't realise Portland was on top in the West. Haven't seen them play yet. Same with the Pacers. Looks like they're good but I never watch them. 

I like the Magic this year. I'm sure they could reach the conference semis. Hopefully Evan Fournier can step up his game. He was playing for my hometown before being drafted :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banketelli

• zmurko

• Fido_le_muet

• Con

• 2 weeks later...

That last step-back on Capela! Halleluka!?

This game more than any other showed that he's not your normal rookie. Shit game, 0 of 4 from three, still takes completely over in the 4th with one three after another.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So apparently Dallas gonna trade Knicks for Porzingis! European dynasty in the making!?

They're also getting Tim Hardaway Jr. who shouldn't be slept on, plus Courtney Lee, no idea who he is. While DSJ, DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews are going to the other way. That's what you call a highway robbery!

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Basically DSJ + 2 first round picks for KP, other players involved were just contract dumps sweeteners to help the trade happen.

Will be interesting to see if KP is actually already ready to play (according to rumours) and Knicks just held him back to help them with tanking for Zion.

What I'd love to see is all the interesting upcoming free agents refusing to sign with NYK and leaving them with 75 mil of unused cap space and also losing the lottery. If that doesn't force that spoiled dumbfuck Nolan, who basically ruined the franchise, to finally sell the team to someone at least semi capable, then I don't know what will.

Man, I swear 60-70% of NBA happens on twitter/IG/... nowadays. Actual games are just promotional videos for the huge business behind it. At least during regular season. ?

• Like 1

And those picks are gonna be very late 1st round picks the way Dallas are gonna rise. I know Porzingis really wanted out but crazy to think this was the best deal they could make.

Hopefully KP is gonna be back soon and can stay healthy. Dallas has something great in the making. I'm hoping for a 3rd European for a Euro Big 3. :D Who would you like to see there?

• 3 months later...
48 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Finals start tonight! Who you got?

Hard to imagine the Warriors not winning another one.  Being from Northern CA you would think that would make me happy.  But honestly I would like to see the Raptors win.  Though I don't think they have much of a shot.  It would also be kind of cool if the Warriors won without KD.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

Hard to imagine the Warriors not winning another one.  Being from Northern CA you would think that would make me happy.  But honestly I would like to see the Raptors win.  Though I don't think they have much of a shot.  It would also be kind of cool if the Warriors won without KD.

Even without KD the Warriors are extremely good. Because of him it was easy to forgot how deadly the Splash Brothers can be. I think the Raptors has a shot, though. They probably have the best defense the Warriors have ever faced in the finals, a lot of veteran players plus a superstar in Kawhi that doesn't seem like the type to buckle under any kind of pressure. Raptors in 7! :D

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

I'm also hoping the Raptors win. Just cause I think that city deserves it from what I've been reading about it and Thanks to Vince "Half-Man, Half-Amazing" Carter , I once owned an ugly  Raptors dinosaur t-shirt. I think Toronto could win the series, if GSW don't wear them out by the 4th Q because i dont think the Raptors big men can sustain that stamina. 

• Like 1

Before the game, I thought the Warriors would win easily in 4 quick games but now ! 

I'm hyped ! I want the Raptors to win ! Enough with the Warriors, sick of seeing always the same team win. I'm rooting for the underdog. Plus it would be a first for a canada based team to win the title and I wanna see that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The country is really getting behind the team. Everywhere you see Go Raptors and We The North signs. And Toronto is going bonkers! The city next to Toronto there was 30,000 people in a park watching the game because you couldn’t get anywhere near the arena.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Before the game, I thought the Warriors would win easily in 4 quick games but now ! 

I'm hyped ! I want the Raptors to win ! Enough with the Warriors, sick of seeing always the same team win. I'm rooting for the underdog. Plus it would be a first for a canada based team to win the title and I wanna see that. 

Raptors ain't no Blazers!:D They match up with the Warriors way too well to get swept, especially with KD out and Boogie only just back from injury.

It was interesting to see how easy they were able to create mismatches, and how Siakam took Draymond to the rim and straight up bullied the self-proclaimed "best defender ever", shooting 14/17! 

Of course, nothing is decided yet. Raptors just defended home court. The last few series in the east showed how quickly things can turn around even if one team looks superior in game 1. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but come on, Raptors! Even with Drake acting stupid I want to see them dethrone the Warriors so badly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Raptors ain't no Blazers!:D They match up with the Warriors way too well to get swept, especially with KD out and Boogie only just back from injury.

It was interesting to see how easy they were able to create mismatches, and how Siakam took Draymond to the rim and straight up bullied the self-proclaimed "best defender ever", shooting 14/17! 

Of course, nothing is decided yet. Raptors just defended home court. The last few series in the east showed how quickly things can turn around even if one team looks superior in game 1. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but come on, Raptors! Even with Drake acting stupid I want to see them dethrone the Warriors so badly.

You said it. One game means nothing and GSW do make great adjustments as they go along. But yeah, Toronto must maintain the intensity and fun they had last night.

• Like 1

So many times when a team that is an underdog wins game 1 they come out flat and get blown out in game 2.  Probably partly because they relax a little knowing worst case is we lose and it is 1-1.  Maybe even an unconscious thing.  But Toronto has to bring the intensity again in game 2 like Con said.  Cause the Warriors know they are in a fight now and will be bringing it hard.  I think if Toronto wins game 2 they can do this.  If they lose game 2 they might blink and find themselves down 3-1.

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Very true. Raptors can't relax one bit. I don't think they will either. The respect for the Warriors is too big. Just the way Steph or Klay can catch on fire at any given time.

The Raptors have to play with the same patience they did in game 1 and exploit the Warriors on the inside even more. Less 3's from Ibaka and Gasol and more post-ups. 

Warriors take game 2. Awful 3rd quarter by the Raptors and just a poor shooting night.

The situation with Klay looked pretty serious but the Warriors are saying they consider his hamstring injury minor. Looney also had to leave the game. They can't really catch a break.

Edited by Banketelli

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Toronto and the rest of the North!

Was sure it would go to game 7 after the Warriors took game 5 away but the Raptors showed why they are fully deserving of the title.

• Like 2

Very happy ! I'm glad a canadian team finally won an NBA title ! 

Good for Kawai, 2 titles with 2 different teams ! 

• Like 2